cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Contact Info in the Subject Line

Contact Info in the Subject Line

Constant Contact - fact that you don't yet have the ability to add contact info (first names, cities etc) to your subject lines is enough for me to reconsider being a Constant Contact customer and take my business somewhere else. You're way behind your competitors, and this feature is extremely important to email open rate success. Please prioritize this - you can't possibly be 'thought leaders' on email when you don't even offer the basic functionality to improve open rates.
16 Comments
All Star
It would be great if we could add in a dynamic field in the subject line and even throughout the email for that matter. For example, I may want to put the person's first name in the subject line and then in the body of the email add another piece of information contained in the contact's record.

Thanks for sharing this feedback! We don't recommend including the first name of your contact in the subject as it's a common practice by spammers so when included there is a higher change of your email landing in the junk folder. 

Status changed to: New

Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for posting! This isn't planned for the future but please continue to share your feedback on things you would like to see implemented. 

Occasional Organizer

I second the idea of being able to put a merged greeting in the subject line - would be helpful to be able to test this out and see how it affects open rates.  Thanks!

Agreed - requesting this feature. I am trying to put it into a welcome email. 

All Star

Not planned for a future release???!!! Seriously? its 2017 not 2005. Funny, CC has been using that "increase in spam complaints" arguement for as long as I can remember gotta be going on 5-10 years with that same argument for various clients - but most other major ESP's (also with high delivery rates and strict anti-spam policies) allow and in fact often encourage their customers to try/test personalized subject lines as a way to optimize open rates and foster trust. Don't try to push that argument down our throats simply because you cant or dont want to implement it. I am a 20 year marketing veteran and i can tell you that doesn't work - only reason I still work with CC in some cases is bc of client preference. Numerous marketing tests and studies across the internet show that personalization helps to increase open rates by a significant percentage and studies have been showing this for well more than 5 years. I believe you are the only ESP on the market who doesnt offer this - and to be clear that is not a good differentiator or selling point. Please add this feature and be much much more agressive in being competative in updating CC functionality, integrations and UI to meet current market/customer needs with such basics as: 

• restore Google Analytics tracking in emails/3rd gen (like now, ASAP, before you do anything else)
  • ability to search past campaigns (wow seriously)
  • enhanced reporting and compare features
  • ability to view more/all columns and customize the order in contacts list view (including the custom columns which could include valuable and needed attribution information). Currently we have to export the contact lists to view this which is an unnecessary step. 
  • other personalization options and data pass-through
  • better tracking capability - again not just the basics like restoring the removed Google Analtics auto UTMs feature but also enhanced attribution in your own system such as where people signup from - currently your system only tracks those that subscribed by CC's own forms but someone subscribing via an API or your own Facebook form, show up as added by you - we can add a custom field for this but cant then later easily find this. 

Thanks in advance. 

Our organization would also find this useful to reach our members. I think that many other associations would agree that this feature would increase open rates. Like many others we are looking else where for a better email program as CC's updates are just as limited and  cumbersome as the old version. 

We would also like this ability. The spam response is a joke, it's proven to increase open rates when I use MailChimp and SwiftPages. 

I would really love it if we were able to add in the first name into the subject line. Because constant contact doesn't allow this I may have to move to another provider. We are in 2017 times have changed. 

It would be amazing if we could add emoji's to our email's subject lines as well! Don't understand why this feature is not yet available. 

Occasional Visitor

I second all the above. It's really a necessity in today's marketing!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

It would be helpful if you could add a name to the Subject line.