Copy disable for legacy emails

Why did you get rid of the COPY option for emails? I always copy a previous email to get the same formatting for a new email.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hello everyone!

The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

14 Comments
Consulting & Training
How come I Cant "copy" old campaign to create new campaign like I used to do in the past? I know longer see the "Copy" tab. Danny
Consulting & Training

I just tried to "copy" an old campaign and learned that the "copy" option has been taken away.

That sucks and is going to create a lot more work for me. I am not happy about this and may

find a more user-friendly option. Why was this taken out of the options?

Frequent Visitor

Please bring back the copy email feature for legacy emails. We were never made aware this would be no longer supported and now it will be extremely time consuming to have to redesign email templates that we use all the time.

Copying a past campaign is the single most useful feature and time-saving feature we use. And now it's been eliminated. So we have to re-create a new template for each style of email we send. It is costing us a ton of time and is unnecessary. Over time, you have actually made it HARDER to work with your platform. Thanks for forcing us to look at competitors. It would be nice if you were customer-centric.

I ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE THE COPY FUNCTION!  CC IS USELESS TO ME WITHOUT IT!!

I need access to the old copy template function ASAP!    Nothing else will be sufficient!!

Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello everyone!

The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

Consulting & Training

I'm trying to get my company back up and running after the devastation that's occurred due to Covid-19. Constant Contact is making that incredibly difficult!!! Someone evidently thought it was a good idea to remove the 'copy' option for legacy emails. I'm beyond frustrated and ready to find a new email service it there's not a work around.

Frequent Visitor

@Frankie_P - My feedback would be to bring the previous copy feature back. I now have literally hundreds of email templates I used to send out monthly that I could just "copy" and update a date/time in the content that now I am forced to completely redo in your "updated editor." This is adding more work & time to my plate that I don't have. Not to mention there was no warning that this would even be happening! Extremely disappointed and will now consider looking at other email marketing platforms.

Retail
I can no longer copy my emails, and I need that function to be successful in my job.
Frequent Visitor

I am not all that savvy at "creating" all the formating that we have used for a long time.  Not having the "copy" feature has made this inoperable for me as the person in a non profit trying to stay in touch with members and the public.  BRING IT BACK, please..

This is unacceptable. I use the copy feature monthly for our newsletters. I do not have the time to rebuild it from scratch, even to build a template. The copy feature needs to be re-instated now or I'm finding another service for my newsletters. 

Health Practitioners & Centers

Yeah, it took a whole day for me to build a new template on the new system and even that has limited options, doesn't look the same, and STILL isn't done.  So, 12 hours spent on trying to recreate something that I could have copied with one click?  And doesn't look or function anywhere near the same as the old, and tried and true, versions of my newsletter that I've been sending out for years?  

No way to just upgrade the template to the new version.

Also, extremely limited editing capabilities - seriously, why would you get rid of a quote indent?  Even the rotten Medium and LinkedIn editors have that ability.  No frames around blocks, no ability to get into the HTML, very limited font and color change options, seriously limited layout design options.  The "Build" section almost doesn't even exist with "8" options for block additions (text, image, spacer, divider, button, social media, video, "read more").  Just... what??

In order to do some of these things, we're told to do weird workarounds, like add in 5 dashes and make the text color white, to make an indent.  Well, how do you do an entire text block for indent then?  You can't.  And of course, if you use the ----- method at the beginning of each line, it WILL be a disaster in any other format, like you know, when you send the email (I was curious, so did up a test version.  Looked great in the editor and when I opened the actual email, it was a disaster just like I thought it would be.)  

Oh, and ironically, this editor I'm writing in, as more and clearer options than the campaign editor!

I don't understand this dumbing down of a product.  The reduction of options, the reduction of ability to actually nicely format a piece of work.  It's extremely frustrating.  And we pay for this privilege to give up literal days of my time trying to re-create something that has been working perfectly fine.  I'm looking at a "competitor", which has an excellent editor, will do exactly what I need it to do, has all the various things I need, and hey, for free.  

So, I think our course is quite clear at the point.

Frequent Visitor

I just finished reading the information concerning doing away with the 2nd generation editor on August 27th and will only be able to use your 3rd generation editor. I am NOT HAPPY. I have been a customer for a very long time and this is something that I'm really upset over and I'm going to tell you why.

I have tried on several occasions to switch over to a new "mobile friendly" template that you have and each time it has just not worked out for me. Mainly the reason is because my emails are photo graphic extensive. I need to use A LOT of photographs and in your new templates and editors there are no use of TABLES. The tables are a good way to keep the photos lined up and in check and when I try to add even more than one photo in the new templates it just will not agree with me. You were right, I've been using the same template for a very long time but the main reason is because all of your new stuff does not work with they way I send the emails.

As you can tell, this message is coming to you in the late part of the evening. This is the only time I have to work on my emails and other internet media postings. I am in the field during the day so I cannot talk to anyone during your normal hours so I might be able to get help if there is a way to create a template that I can use over and over. I need this because a lot of the information is similar so all I have to do is change up photos and a little of the information and it's good to go. If there is a way to create a template that was usable I'm all for it, but apparently there is not. I have viewed all of the data for the changes and frankly looking at the templates side by side I prefer the older view.