Copy disable for legacy emails

Why did you get rid of the COPY option for emails? I always copy a previous email to get the same formatting for a new email.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hello everyone!

The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. Additionally, we have an article that specifically goes over some of the differences and similarities between the legacy editor and our current one. Feel free to peruse our Knowledge Base for other helpful guides, tutorial videos, tips, and basic troubleshooting assistance regarding the editor.

If you'd like some live, one-on-one guidance and screensharing, our friendly phone support staff would be happy to assist you while you make the transition. They can also collect info on what template(s) you'd like to have transposed into the current editor, or get an order written up if you'd like a wholly different, branded template created.

With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

178 Comments
GlennS40
Participant
I have a newsletter to get out and all of a sudden I can't copy the template and last months info that will carry onto this months. The explanation given? Not possible to copy anymore because it's not a second generation legacy something or other. I don't have the time to spend redoing the basics and reentering all the stuff that goes in every month. Why is this being done? And why would you tell me that if I redo everything I can copy it forever? Why did you stop that in the first place or not give any warning in advance. There needs to be a way to translate a basic newsletter into your updated format without starting all over again from scratch.
MarcusB
Consulting & Training
Did I say it was terrible? Your company should be ashamed. I quit Constant Contact after 10 years.
PhilipB803
Participant

Eliminating the COPY function is a disaster and has made it necessary to re-create over 60 different templates that we use.

A massive waste of time and a stupid decision by CC.

Johnny12
Regular Participant

I have over 145 Legacy campaigns created and used them often to send to clients and I used the COPY option to do so. Now I HAVE TO CREATE THEM ALL OVER ! Do you know HOW MUCH TIME AND LABOR HOURS INVOLVED???  And for some reasons, most of the graphics I used were not in the library ! That's THE STUPIDEST ACTION you could have done to your customers. I have been with Constant Contact for many years and will probably cancel my account since I am not going to waste my time creating new templates, then you decide to go a different direction and disable the COPY option again. 

The excuse you used is it's causing a lot of issues. But I HAVE NEVER HAVE ANY ISSUES all these years. So that's an ABSURD EXCUSE !

If no action will be taken soon, you can say goodbye to my account, period !

JohnL0430
Regular Participant

I think it's back!  I just used it.

MurrayW6
Consulting & Training

JohnL0430, I wish you were right, but it doesn't look like it. I still don't see a copy option, at least on my dashboard.

Johnny12
Regular Participant

JohnL0430, I just checked and COPY option is still not there. When was the last time you used it (besides today). Constant Contact disabled that option gradually, some users might still be able to use it. I used it 2 days ago and it was disabled YESTERDAY !  As far as I can tell, the COPY option was disabled way back in June

Hamdi
Participant
Oops! Something went wrong. To fix this problem, we suggest that you return to the previous page, then try again. If that doesn't work, log back in to Constant Contact, then try again. If you continue to receive this error please contact our Support Team.
JimP884
Participant

We run a poultry business and are about to begin our busy Thanksgiving season. I went to send out our first batch of emails and I find the COPY function for previous campaigns is not available! Neither is the option to use a 'recent template'. When I've attempted it I get an error message. This is unacceptable! People have businesses to run and their livelihoods to assure! Please correct this issue immediately!  

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @AlanL84 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! You are correct, the copy function has been removed from our Legacy Newsletter Templates. Notifications for this update was sent by email was sent to the contact address on file for accounts. We also previously added a notification on this upcoming change at the top of users' accounts when logged in, along with a pop-up notification when copying a legacy email before the ability was removed. As for transitioning to this updated Email Newsletter, here's an article we have in our Help Center to help with recreating your template in our updated editor.  I can also see the support agent you spoke to did in fact send you a follow-up email for transitioning to the contact email address on file for your account at 8:10p with the subject line "Introducing Constant Contact's 3rd Generation Email Editor." Are you still unable to locate this email?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @MarcusB what about our updated email newsletter templates does not fit your needs? What features would you like to see available? We're always open to ways we can better our user's experience, so any further details you have is helpful information we can pass on to our Product Team!

MarcusB
Consulting & Training

Lack of COPY function.  It's the one single feature that you need to make available. Just one feature. 

Tell you Development Team to step it up. 

I'm a developer and it's pure laziness on their part to not be able to retro-fit old templates into the new design tool.  

ShanesiaW
Participant
Hey! You have removed the "Copy" option. I have to search for the command at the Templates page from Create a campaign, and found it but its not working, All past or recent templates are unavailable for reuse. What's wrong with keeping the "Copy" option and reusing templates for new campaigns? Why do you have to make it like a science homework for us? Please. Restore the "Copy" command right where we can easily find it.
ShanesiaW
Participant
I get kicked out each time I tried to reuse a Recent template for a new campaign. The prompt below keeps pestering me after every failed click to select a Recent template. Oops! Something went wrong. To fix this problem, we suggest that you return to the previous page, then try again. If that doesn't work, log back in to Constant Contact, then try again. If you continue to receive this error please contact our Support Team.
DanaA402
Consulting & Training
How come I can't copy an email anymore????????
RanjanK80
Real Estate
i am not able to send email

Please again reconsider... let us copy legacy. At least a few.

BeverlyW3
Participant

I just went to copy an email and see that you have disabled the function!!! Worst decision ever. I spent a week 7 years ago creating an effective template and brand for our 1000 clients and update it weekly with fresh commentary and photography, saving me so much time!!! I have no interest inyour service without this feature. I imagine your entire customer base would feel the same. In addition, I have been hung up on 3 times after 15 minute waits on your customer service phone number. I have a deadline this afternoon that I will not be able to make due to this crappy customer service of yours. 

Frankie_P

Hi @MarcusB our updated email newsletter templates does offer the ability to be copied. Because it appears you are actually looking for the ability to copy our discontinued Legacy Newsletters, I have merged your post into the correct feedback thread on this topic.

RichardC53
Participant
You are about to lose a customer. I pay way to much money to copy emails to send to new customers, and now this new interface JUST WON'T DO THAT SIMPLE THING!
What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More