Copy disable for legacy emails

Why did you get rid of the COPY option for emails? I always copy a previous email to get the same formatting for a new email.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hello everyone!

The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. Additionally, we have an article that specifically goes over some of the differences and similarities between the legacy editor and our current one. Feel free to peruse our Knowledge Base for other helpful guides, tutorial videos, tips, and basic troubleshooting assistance regarding the editor.

If you'd like some live, one-on-one guidance and screensharing, our friendly phone support staff would be happy to assist you while you make the transition. They can also collect info on what template(s) you'd like to have transposed into the current editor, or get an order written up if you'd like a wholly different, branded template created.

With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

149 Comments
DaleG8
Occasional Participant

where is the copy button? i just used it last night.  i have to send a daily prayer for each day of the week. if i have to create it every time (which is so time consuming). i may be looking else where.

PaulineG0
Participant
When I recently requested a redesign of my template, I had no idea that this would prevent me from using my old template. I was never contacted about what I though r about it or if I wanted to change anything. Today I was unable to send out my weekly email because I couldn't copy one if the old ones and I didn't like or understand how the new one works. Constant Contact is usually much better about their customer service.
UCA
Regular Participant

By taking away the copy function you have made your product useless, not to mention illegal. I now have to pay your designers to copy my old work? this is a joke, right? the only solution offered was for them to "recreate one campaign free of charge". ONE CAMPAIGN? After over ten years of designing using your program? Mail Chimp here we come! 

UCA
Regular Participant

They took away the copy function and are now charging you to copy your old emails 

UCA
Regular Participant

they took away the copy function and are now charging their users to recreate their own work. 

UCA
Regular Participant

they took away the copy function and are now charging users to "recreate" their own templates and campaigns! 

MichaelC42
Participant
Why did you eliminate the ability to copy email/campaigns. It is an important feature for us! Mike
BeckyB852
Participant
Please bring this option back.
natel512
Participant
Did Constant Contact remove the ability to copy/duplicate prior campaigns? If so, that is egregious.
Frankie_P

Hi @UCA you are correct, the copy function has been removed from our Legacy Newsletter Templates. I would however like to clarify our updated email newsletters do offer the copy function. You also have the option of recreating your campaign into one of these templates directly in your account. Here is an article we have that helps with switching to the Third-Generation Editor. Our campaign design that comes at a one-time fee is an option add-on service. 

BrianG22
Participant

What other email companies are available...ready to leave constant contact

ChM1
Participant
I need to copy a previous email and use it to create a new one. This no longer seems to be possible. Is there a way to do this? How am I supposed to create my new email msg?
MurrayW6
Consulting & Training

If you are looking for ConstantContact alternatives that have an email editor that combines the convenience of drag-and-drop editing AND the ability to edit the underlying HTML code (unlike CC's very limited Gen 3 editor), look for an editor that has this symbol in the editing tabs: <> Some that have it include. You can also search for YouTube videos that show how the editors work for various email marketing platforms, to see if they have that capability. Most other email marketing platforms also have a free trial so you can experiment with their email editors before you commit. We have been testing several other platforms since CC issued its decree about a month ago about eliminating the ability to copy Gen 2 emails, so we can find a better, more customer-friendly email marketing provider.

Of course, the painfully obvious solution would be for ConstantContact to simply LISTEN TO ITS CUSTOMERS and reverse its arbitrary, shortsighted decision to eliminate the ability to copy emails created in the Gen 2 editor. However, because pleas about other issues have also fallen upon deaf ears over the years, I wouldn't hold my breath. So, after 12 years, CC will lose us as a customer, and undoubtedly many more like us. Good luck to all in your searches for better providers.

LehighLL
Participant

Removing copy feature and introducing new user interface makes your entire application unusable

KellyA912
Participant
I cannot use one of my former emails as a template! I have to re-create the entire layout when all I need to do is modify what I used before for for the same campaign. What a waste of time!

Not being able to copy legacy emails is absolutely awful. Ruins years of work and offers an inferior product. The most BULL**bleep** move Constant Contact could have made.

Frankie_P

Hi @KellyA912 what about our updated newsletters does not fit your needs for creating your emails?

precepts
Participant

I agree,,the copy feature was key in legacy.  Constant Contact is not listening to us and thinks that spending hours recreating in their editor (which does not give me what I need) is the way to go.

I am spending these hours looking at other vendors who will port all my info out and listen to what I need.

No copy features...less customers.

CharlesB66638
Participant

I will be leaving Constant Contact after maybe 20 years due to the decision to disable the copy feature for legacy emails.  What horrid timing - just when small business needs something it can count on!

MurrayW6
Consulting & Training

If you shrewdly copied some legacy Gen 2 emails in advance of CC taking away the copy feature Oct. 1, the other shoe has dropped. I just got a popup telling me that the Gen 2 email editor itself is going away Nov. 2. The incredibly lame Gen 3 email editor will be the only option.

Hey CC, saying that you can duplicate Gen 2 emails in Gen 3 doesn't make it so.  Gen 3 is so lacking in basic features that I can't even begin to duplicate my Gen 2 emails. Your customers aren't stupid, although you treat us like we are.

That great sucking sound you hear is former CC customers rushing to sign up with other email marketing providers that actually care about their customers. Enjoy your plunge in users and revenue.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More