Copy disable for legacy emails

Why did you get rid of the COPY option for emails? I always copy a previous email to get the same formatting for a new email.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hello everyone!

The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. Additionally, we have an article that specifically goes over some of the differences and similarities between the legacy editor and our current one. Feel free to peruse our Knowledge Base for other helpful guides, tutorial videos, tips, and basic troubleshooting assistance regarding the editor.

If you'd like some live, one-on-one guidance and screensharing, our friendly phone support staff would be happy to assist you while you make the transition. They can also collect info on what template(s) you'd like to have transposed into the current editor, or get an order written up if you'd like a wholly different, branded template created.

With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

172 Comments
Frankie_P

Reply from @AvonLakeUCC 

Thanks. My colleague wrote this. We just want to be able to access the emails for content. In this case, it is for an annual event, and 80% of the wording and logos will be re-used. Time saver!

JudyW02
Participant

I am VERY displeased with your new policy of making our old email campaigns unavailable to copy. Like many others I am VERY busy and struggling to keep my business going.  In the past it was easy and simple to create a new email campaign from copying an old one and making editing changes so it still looked new and fresh without having to WASTE so much time creating a whole new campaign.

Are you here to be of service?  Because trying to force us to use your new editor by inconveniencing your loyal customers of many years isn't serving us well.

Just my two cents.

EmilyG95
Participant
I am unable to copy my old eblast and edit them. That is literally the only reason we have this service. We have had this service for years and now it is non usable.
KazN
Health Practitioners & Centers
Your website is so difficult to use. Just to find past campaigns and simply make a copy to start a new draft is do tedious. Firstly, just to find the past campaign I used the search and listed the exact one by name, and it just spins and spins trying to find . Other attempts, it was able to find it the correct campaign, but then there is no longer a "copy" option is drop down menu. And 3rd attempt, I somehow found the correct campaign, and it had a drop down with "copy" option, but when I selected it errored out asking me to login in again ! Maybe you can add a simple option on top menu bar as " Create Campaign" and once selected, have option of NEW or COPY existing, and so forth. If you know the name of the campaign it should be very fast to start a new draft. The current user methods to just start the task is very confusing and so many steps and the website is so very slow.
ArtF7
Participant
I just logged in to edit an email I had saved from October 2020 and your telling me it's no longer valid, I can't access or use it AND I have to start from scratch all over again for the HUNDREDS OF EMAILS I HAVE IN YOUR SYSTEM?? Have you lost your minds??? You expect me to rebuild all the templates I had to some new editor because someone at CC thought it would be a great idea to disable ALL their clients old emails and make them re-do all of them?? Before I off load all the stored email addresses in my CC account and cancel my CC account which I've had for over 10 years, please tell me this is a bad joke and there is someway to still use all the templates I have in my account, please tell me that.. A very shocked, angry and frustrated long, long time client, soon to be a former client of Constant Contact, Art Femister
SusanV432
Occasional Participant
I'm ticked off that I cannot copy previous emails and have to start all over. I have publications that I only create once a year to celebrate an anniversary and now, I have to recreate--I do not like this and am not happy with CC.
SCBWISFNorthEastBay
Occasional Participant

It is ridiculous that we can't somehow migrate our old legacy campaigns to the new editor. Now I have to re-create all the old campaigns? What a time-waster! It doesn't make sense that with all this new technology, we have to go old school and re-create campaigns. 

ScotM1
Participant
I'm really angry that Constant Contact has totally erased older emails. There is important information that I cannot retrieve now, and do not have saved elsewhere. This is terrible service to those of us who have paid continuously for years.
LindaR92
Participant

Seriously?  Who has the time to create a new template? One of the main reason I have stuck with CC is for history - seems like this does not exist any more. NO warning either.  Bad decision.

RandiJ
Occasional Participant

That they removed the copy function is thoroughly disappointing. This was such a useful feature for editing recurring email campaigns. I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that this was an incredibly useful feature that needs to come back.

TeriTankersley
Participant
I need to copy existing campaigns for information. Why do I have to recreate the wheel?
PaigeM3
Participant
Hello, It's terribly inconvenient to be rid of the "copy" feature...please address asap.
What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More