cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Create a way to copy content between campaigns

Create a way to copy content between campaigns

We often send similar content to different audiences in different campaigns. It would be so helpful to be able to copy sections of content from a past campaign to a new one (without losing formatting, links, etc.)

Thanks!

30 Comments
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Regular Visitor

It would be great to be able to easily copy sections from 3 or 4 already run CCs and paste them into my new CC eliminating the time it takes to totally recreate them.

All Star
Wouldn't it be amazing if I could save certain blocks in my email to pop into another campaign, or to use in a similar campaign dow the line? 

This would be useable in so many cases, but here is the context that brought it to me: 
We have a weekly email we send out, and we list events in it. We frequently have recurring events, though they might not happen every week - so while I start every weekly email with copying last week's, and so I can easily leave the weekly events and just edit them lightly, for the events that happen every few weeks, I need to re-create the block constantly. And this makes me sad! 

How beautiful would it be if I could save a content block and re-use it down the line. Do you see what I'm saying? 

Could not agree more. I send out similar campaigns to several lists with different timings (weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc.). It would be great to be able to copy a block from one email to another, or to create blocks as templates to be used where needed.

All Star

Agree 100%!!! Has CC made this happen yet?

All Star

Please, CC, make this happen! I have recurring campaigns that vary slightly and would love to be able to choose from a personal library of my frequently used blocks. Help!!

Please make this a thing.

Visitor

Yes!

Yes! We often re-use content in later emails and creating it over and over again is a pain.

All Star

PLEASE, CC!

Occasional Contributor

The Third Generation Email Editor allows for blocks of text to be moved, copied, throughout a single email.  However, it also makes it infinitely more difficult to use those same text blocks in different emails without having two windows open and copying and pasting from a block in one email to a new email, or having to recreate an already created design anew in the next email.  It would be great to create a text block corral, for lack of a better term, so that you could store text blocks and have them available to drop load into future emails without all the copying, pasting, or designing from the start; similar to how pictures/images are stored. Or, include a button that opens the code for the entire box so that you can copy and past it into a new text block. The Second Generation Email Editor, though less agile than the Third Generation, made utilizing blocks from one email to another a breeze by simply going in, copying the code, then pasting the entire code into a new text block.

Regular Visitor
Sometimes I find myself wanting to copy only certain elements from one campaign to another without making a copy of the entire email. For example I manage 3 businesses from the same account. I typically send the same or similar email from all 3 businesses. So it's easier for me to copy the whole email once I build it for the first business, but then I need to rebuild the header/footer etc. Or sometimes there is a piece or several pieces of content that I want to grab and use in a template that already has all the business info in the header and footer, and the send from email, etc.. In the same way you have the duplicate pop out button on certain widgets, you could have a "copy" button.. close the campaign, open the other campaign, and paste. Would be even better somehow to select multiple widgets at one time to copy, like how you'd drag and select an array things anywhere else.. copy/paste.
Regular Visitor
It would be a nice feature to be able to save and reuse commonly used widgets later. For example, if you always have the same thing in the header or footer, instead of constantly rebuilding them, or copying a previous campaign and wiping out the contents in the middle, you could start with any template, and then select from previously saved content widgets to pull those new campaigns. I submitted a different feature request for copying/pasting whole elements between campaigns. This is a similar but alternative approach. However both could exist in theory and have different uses.
Regular Visitor

Yesssssssssss! I just posted a new feedback request about the same exact thing, then found this thread after. The original post is nearly 2 years old. I guess this isn't happening?

Occasional Organizer

Although we have the option to copy a pre-existing campaign for identical format/fonts/design, it would be great to set custom "building blocks" within the editor that are ready to go for the fonts and color palette (and more!) we use on a regular basis. Just to drag a text box with the text size, font style, and color preset for our use would change the way we build campaigns and save so much valuable time.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @ChirstinaD,
I just want to make sure I understand your idea. Are you saying that you want to save certain elements of your email to reuse? Would you want to reuse them in the same email or in different campaigns? Would you be able to go a little further in detail as to what the difference between the two ideas would be?

Regular Visitor

Hi Candace,

No, not within the same email. That is already possible with the duplicate function. I mean the ability to save commonly used elements for use later in new campaigns.

I manage 3 different locations of a business in one constant contact account. Sometimes we email the whole database as one big company, but more commonly, we send emails from the individual locations. A lot of times, these emails are identical, with the exception of different header/footer to reflect business and location, and links to their individual websites.

I find myself rebuilding a lot of content over and over again and have felt it would be convenience to either "copy/paste" elements between campaigns when the same content is used in more than one campaign, and also have the header/footer information readily available for each location (like in an area on the left where you can pull in other content like buttons, text, etc). The headers/footers are usually the same for each location on every email, so what I normally do is copy a previous campaign and then wipe out all the content in the middle... which works but isn't the slickest approach. But for the content in the middle, there's no way to copy/paste from another campaign if I already built it out. Unless I duplicate that campaign, and then change out the header/footer, all the links, etc.. Either way it's just more work than it could be.

I don't know if my usage is typical but the ability to copy/paste elements between different campaigns or "save for later" would be useful to me! Hope this helps clarify!

All Star

Since there is no HTML editing capability, the ability to maintain a content library would be the second best solution.  With the Legacy editor, I save HTML in text files to paste into content blocks when needed, e.g. details of an annual event where only the date has changed.  HTML editing enables other functions such as tweaking fonts and spacing but reusing content is the most valuable feature to me.  

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone for commenting on this subject.  There are obviously a lot of us out there designing emails that know how to utilize HTML and are in need of some solution in the Third Generation Editor that allows for us copy/paste already created content into new email campaigns - a content library so to speak, that works in the same way that we can access pictures for any email campaign.  Constant Contact - This can be done.  Since in the Third Generation Editor we can now move entire blocks of content throughout a specific email, we should also be able to either move the blocks to an area where they can be uploaded and saved for future use or return the HTML editor function.  

Allow that we can cutomized a layout and save it configuration to reuse in future situations.