Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight into your feedback.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic; I know this request has been around for many years. This is something we would love to be able to implement. We’ve had some plans in the past that have been reprioritized. The current thought is that we hope we will be able to focus on this at some point in the future, and some of the ideas floated around have been really cool! That being said, I don’t have any sort of estimated time that it might be accomplished. We do have a potential new feature coming this quarter that may help. We will keep this thread updated.

115 Comments
user5898
Rookie

I have 2 businesses and we have standard footers for all our emails (I can create these each time I build an email) it would be great if I could build 2 custom templates with my headers and footers preset so I don't have to build from scratch each time. We also have some standard bits on most emails like the phone numbers and addresses for each of our sites it would be great if I could create a custom drag and drop to bring these in rather than typing them out every time. I know I'm just being lazy but it would help me out a lot.

BethD469
Campaign Contributor

Please, CC, make this happen! I have recurring campaigns that vary slightly and would love to be able to choose from a personal library of my frequently used blocks. Help!!

HaileyP
Campaign Contributor

Please make this a thing.

DeanM180
Rookie

Yes!

TimothyF
Marketing Legend

It would be great if there was a format painter option so that you could easily format font and also if we could save a block that we designed and then use over and over.

CVLT
Brand Influencer

Yes! We often re-use content in later emails and creating it over and over again is a pain.

StageWest
Rookie

PLEASE, CC!

LisaB834
Constant Contact Partner

The Third Generation Email Editor allows for blocks of text to be moved, copied, throughout a single email.  However, it also makes it infinitely more difficult to use those same text blocks in different emails without having two windows open and copying and pasting from a block in one email to a new email, or having to recreate an already created design anew in the next email.  It would be great to create a text block corral, for lack of a better term, so that you could store text blocks and have them available to drop load into future emails without all the copying, pasting, or designing from the start; similar to how pictures/images are stored. Or, include a button that opens the code for the entire box so that you can copy and past it into a new text block. The Second Generation Email Editor, though less agile than the Third Generation, made utilizing blocks from one email to another a breeze by simply going in, copying the code, then pasting the entire code into a new text block.

ChirstinaD
Campaign Expert
Sometimes I find myself wanting to copy only certain elements from one campaign to another without making a copy of the entire email. For example I manage 3 businesses from the same account. I typically send the same or similar email from all 3 businesses. So it's easier for me to copy the whole email once I build it for the first business, but then I need to rebuild the header/footer etc. Or sometimes there is a piece or several pieces of content that I want to grab and use in a template that already has all the business info in the header and footer, and the send from email, etc.. In the same way you have the duplicate pop out button on certain widgets, you could have a "copy" button.. close the campaign, open the other campaign, and paste. Would be even better somehow to select multiple widgets at one time to copy, like how you'd drag and select an array things anywhere else.. copy/paste.
ChirstinaD
Campaign Expert
It would be a nice feature to be able to save and reuse commonly used widgets later. For example, if you always have the same thing in the header or footer, instead of constantly rebuilding them, or copying a previous campaign and wiping out the contents in the middle, you could start with any template, and then select from previously saved content widgets to pull those new campaigns. I submitted a different feature request for copying/pasting whole elements between campaigns. This is a similar but alternative approach. However both could exist in theory and have different uses.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More