cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dislike New Editor

Dislike New Editor

The new editor is horrible. You can't do a fraction of the things you used to be able to do.

120 Comments
Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting! Can you tell me more about the features you are looking for? Do you want to add more buttons than the one you are seeing?

Occasional Visitor
I opened a Constant Contact account for my mother to use for her women's group, and I couldn't understand why the editing interface was different than mine. I called technical support and they explained that everyone will be getting this new editor soon- and I told them if that's the case, I might be leaving Constant Contact after using the service for over 5 years. This thing is horrible. While I understand it seems more user friendly for people that haven't used the service before, but if you have experience with the old editor, this new thing is just unusable: - No option to put in a header bar, and you can't even stretch images across the whole top. - No way to justify images - No way to insert a pdf as an image - 3/4 of the block formats are missing - No way to put in a divider that takes out the top background and just shows the design beneath And probably a million other things I haven't found yet. I STRONGLY urge you to allow the user to select the old editor after you fully roll out the new system, because this new thing is just horrifying, and as I said, you will lose customers.

Hi @FrancineP11

Thanks for posting this feedback! I'm sorry that the new experience isn't working for you. I'm going to go ahead and send an email to the address we have on file with some options for you.

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I recommended to my entire firm that we change from our old provider to Constant Contact, because the system seemed a lot better. Sadly we signed up to the new system, which seems to still be in beta or testing mode. We don't have anywhere near the amount of flexibility in designing emails, we don't have the option for adding a google analytics code which is essential to any good marketing campaign, the reporting function doesn't allow you to add contacts to a new list or manage your contacts, despite it appearing that the functionality should exist, and tonight I discover there's a bug which means that if you copy an existing email, it constantly crashes. You should NOT have released this version to your customers in BETA form - it's not ready to use and will drive customers away. I'm seriously considering recommending we close the account and revert to our old provider, which is extremely embarrassing.

Honored Contributor

That BETA tag has been listed like that for well over a year.

They aren't in beta test at all. 

"Plausible Deniability"

HI @HelenW

Thanks for the feedback! The new editor has been an active editor  (no longer beta) for several months now. It is designed to be quick and easy so you might notice some differences like you mentioned. We're working to implement the features you are requesting so stay tuned!

Frequent Visitor
I HATE HATE HATE the new dashboard - unbelievable. SO unintuitive - I can't find anything, you'd never know I was advanced at this!!!! I am frustrated. I have used CC for many many years - and signed up multiple clients in my marketing company as well. To suddenly be lost in my own dashboard is insane. I don't see the Paypal integration either - what the heck! THAT is not helpful.

Hi @BarbaraW53

Sorry to hear you don't like the updates-- are you having trouble finding something specific or do you find that there is one area that is harder to search through? Are you looking to incorporate Paypal into your email or events?