cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dislike New Editor

Dislike New Editor

The new editor is horrible. You can't do a fraction of the things you used to be able to do.

122 Comments
All Star
Images are difficult to insert, can't' insert into specific spots, can't use images as links very disappointed
All Star
Can't removed template text boxes within larger boxes. Only certain things can have colours changed for branding. Overall difficult and not intuitive to use and very minimilistic options compared to main templates. very disappointed
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee

I appreciate the feedback! We're currently working on some features that will make it easier to add/remove content and images in blocks. 

Linking images: When you click on an image, there's an "Insert Link" icon that should allow you to link any image in your template. Please let me know if this isn't working for you.

image-editor - Copy.PNG

Color issues: If you have a moment, I'd love to get your perspective on your preferences on color-editing. Please feel free to respond back to this post or direct message me. We're working on some improvements to the way that color-editing works, so any and all feedback is very welcome.

Thanks!

Occasional Visitor
I have to say I absolutely HATE the new editor and new template construction. Please PLEASE keep access to the standard way we create emails that is currently in place.
CTCT Employee

@MICHAELHADDONH Thanks for the feedback. If possible, can you please provide some specific problems within the new editor that you experienced? This will greatly help us to improve the product. 

Occasional Contributor
Cannot make it my own. Awful. Redoing the project now because my director wants simple things addressed and cannot make the changes. Thank you.
CTCT Employee

@MegV Thanks for the feedback. Can you please provide some more information about what things you tried to change (but couldn't)? This would be very helpful for us to improve the edit experience.

Occasional Visitor
The formatting toolbar seems to stay in the way all the time. The new mobile friendly template has been changed. I like the old template builder style better. The sidebar and formatting bar were easier to use and never placed overtop the text I am trying to work on.
CTCT Employee

Solution Provider
What is going on this morning. The CTCT servers are frustratingly SLOW today.

Hi @ThomasB622

I am sorry to hear you were experiencing slowness--are you still having this problem?

If so, can you help with some details?

- Are you seeing any error messages?

- What browser are you working in? Do you have another you could test?

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor
Overall the look is cleaner but the functionality didn't improve in my opinion. -Maybe I'm blind, but I can't figure out how to edit the border -I wanted to edit the footer and take out a space after the social media icons but it doesn't let me open up the block like the old version. -there should be a way to select all the text in the email and change font, color, etc.

Occasional Visitor
Haven't used the CC service for about 5 years. While the old editor had problems it was much more usable than this new software. Buttons, color back grounding, and features useful in design of page were available and easy to use. MS
Occasional Participant
first time I've tried to use the "new/old" templates and would rather go back to the old ones. I can't tell you how many times I would get the "oops" box - mid sentence. That was after saving each paragraph. Didn't realize you can't actually write in this new template.

Hi @leadershipNhorses

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with editing your template. Are you getting the oops error when you paste in content or take any specific action or does it just appear while you are typing?

What is the name of the email you are working on so I can take a look at the details?

Occasional Participant

it would happen while I was typing - it's my most recent email scheduled to go out today.

I realise now that I chose one of the beta templates and should have understood that beta means not 100% so that is simply a bug to add to the list I guess. 

thx

nancy