cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dislike update

Dislike update

I would like to be able to choose from a few different styles of buttons. In one of your mobile-friendly newsletter templates (It has a blue and orange theme and a featured story/news with a picture, etc.) there is a square button at the bottom for "Contact Us"...which I cannot change the style of. Then if I add other buttons, they have rounded corners...also, adding another button forces a new block, why am I not able to add a button to an existing block? I cannot change the background color for the social share block, I don't see why a white background (or any color I choose) isn't available. Also, I would like to be able to create my own custom dividers, and other graphics. For example, in one of your other mobile templates, there is a divider that has two horizontal lines with a break in the middle for a small graphic (three squares or diamonds or something). I would like to make a custom single line divider with three little buckeyes or a buckeye leaf in the middle of it (since we are Ohio State). The padding for each section should be adjustable. I am trying to add a date and our URL at the top, right underneath the logo at the top, but the forced padding for both the logo and the "pre-header" tool that I am using for the date and URL are making things just look really awkward. One last point, I think that you should make all of the blocks available to any newsletter template, because we may be able to personally customize them for our own needs. There is a block in one of the templates that allows for three pictures and short descriptions underneath. That is not available in most of the templates (even the blank template?). I think it makes sense for the less tech savvy users to keep things as limited as possible, however you could divide the blocks that are "recommended" for the them, and then add "other blocks" in a separate section below or something so that people realize that unless they know how to edit them, that they are not within the intended design of the template. I do appreciate that you need to keep things as fool proof as possible when you are making these designs work and look good in a mobile environment as well, but I do think that it is important to be able to customize things a little bit more than what is currently available.

114 Comments
Regular Visitor

The new changes, the ones recently made to the format, and the ones coming up give me the creeps.  This isn't the user friendly series of changes

we have needed for greater flexibility in creating content, laying it out, and entering addresses, and so on. This new stuff you are offering does little for my happiness with constant contact.  I'm not at all impressed nor pleased.

A long time customer.

All Star

Terri, the tactic of saving past campaigns as drafts won't also save the results associated with each email.  You can probably see that yourself, but I don't know why Constant Contact doesn't point that out, because some customers will make their copies and then only when it's too late notice that they've lost all the counts on Sents, Opens, Clicks.  No one wants hundreds of drafts cluttering up the system, so I just went back through all the emails one by one to save the performance numbers of each, so I can continue to do some sort of historical analysis that goes back further than 2013 and/or 50 emails.  Of course now that that data will be in two different places, it'll be a little less convenient to work with.  But I don't think convenience has been very important around here for a few years.

It's unfortunate, but here in the forums most questions about the whys and wherefores are treated as rhetorical.  I've been asking for months about who (if anyone) provides the functional input and testing on their new designs during planning, programming, and before rollout, and I haven't heard a thing.  That's the area that needs the most improvement, along with better (read "any") transparency and user feedback concerning changes being planned or already in development.  A beta team of miscreants and cavemen could have prevented the Load More Campaigns design, for example.  And, still being on the older generation editor, I haven't even seen it for myself yet!  Just been reading the forums so that I can anticipate what's coming.

There is a question you brought up that I hadn't considered: are there going to be rolling deletions now?  Or is this pre-2013 purge all we have to be concerned about?  I've done what I had to do to save performance data on everything that's going to be deleted from our account.  But I'd certainly like to know about future deletions now, before our account is "upgraded."

Michael

HI @TerriH315 and @mchristo

Thank you so much for leaving your honest feedback.  I know you are frustrated with the changes we've made, and wanted to do my best to clear some of this up for you.

First off, I'm really sorry the communications we sent regarding the new experience wasn't clearly written or didn't reach you properly.  I will make sure to pass this feedback along.  The body of the email we sent and the overlay we put in your account should have mentioned removal of older campaigns.  If you have a copy of what you received or saw, we'd love to review so we can make sure it's correct.

In the new experience you are on a new platform where some older information in your account is not compatible.  As a result we were not able to bring over the campaigns you sent over 3 years ago.

It appears you already spoke with our Support team, but we do have a number of options on recovering old emails along with their reporting.  If you'd like me to get someone in touch with you please let me know, and we'll be willing to help however we can.

There are no plans for future deletions of older campaigns.  It was something that was necessary for the upgrade, but not something we are planning to do in the future.  If we ever do have to remove any older data, we will make sure to communicate it with you properly.

@mchristo - We have UX Research and development teams who conduct user studies with our existing customers to get input on future roll-outs.  If you have any interest in being a part of these studies, please let me know and we are happy to get you involved! 

As far as the 'Load More Campaigns' issue I think this may have been something that was missed as many of the test users did not have a lot of older campaigns they needed to find.  We appreciate that feedback, and assure you our product team is aware of the issue and plan to work on it.

As we continue to make changes for the future, hearing directly from you and other customers is invaluable.  Please continue to let us know when you have any and all feedback.

All Star

I'm interested in the details of the incompatibility between pre-March 2013 campaigns and those after.  What technical information can you share about that?  A detailed explanation could go a long way to making it understandable and possibly acceptable to many clients.

Unfortunately (or perhaps rather fortunately) I'm not a good prospect for participating in user studies right now: someone else in my organization does all the campaign design--I haven't created one of my own in three or four years--I'm just the guy who works with the Contacts data.  But maybe the next time you overhaul that area of the system, I could certainly provide feedback.  How are users notified of the opportunities to participate?

Michael

Hi @mchristo

Thanks for the reply! Internally we have several campaign types and the new platform we built unfortunately can't support the older types of campaigns. 

We'd be happy to have your input in future testing! It is really obvious that you have great ideas. If you sign up here we will reach out to you via email when we have future beta testing available. You can then choose to sign up based on the topic. 

Thanks again!

All Star

Ok, so no technical details then.  But how about this: We have a dozen or so deleted draft campaign emails in the Deleted folder that were created prior to 2013, although I can see they've all been given an erroneous Creation Date of October 31, 2013.  That fake date was probably assigned by you--I'm guessing--to keep them in our system after the pre-March 2013 purge.  I'm tempted (like a compulsive gambler), and am considering clicking "Restore" on one of them, just to see what I can do with it in design mode, and what happens in the system.  Is this a bad idea?  Will there be consequences?

Michael

I really don't care for the new "improved" Constant Contact. It is graphically indistinct and not particularly handy. I do hope that there are improvements in the word processing for creating e-mails as the constant hitches and glitches are really time consuming. From a service that I used to love, I'm finding Constant Contact more and more annoying!
All Star
Where's the **bleep** header, dashboard, etc? It's much harder to navigate around CC, and I don't like it.
Regular Organizer
Status changed to: New

Visitor
i have used your service for YEARS and i hate how hard it is to make a newsletter now. so many "improvements" i think you have lost your way.
All Star

Double ditto on all the comments about the so-called "improvements."

Occasional Visitor
IF YOU CONTINUE TO CHANGE THE LOOKS AND POSITION OF THIS SITE .... I WILL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!!! IT WAS NOT BROKE ... SO STOP TRYING TO "FIX IT !!!"
All Star

I agree. Have foudn the new layout to be alot worse than the old one, and the site is slow and unresponsive. Am looking at alternatives now.

All Star

I actually like the changes in layout and think it's great that the site evolves and implements users' ideas and suggestions. 

Occasional Visitor

I find the new changes fascinating, please keep up the good work. Without any updates and improvements, CC will just be just any other 'newsletter' company to choose from. We are paying for the best and the easiest to use! Waiting for the time a video can be inserted and go live like Facebook.

Visitor

This new format leave a lot to be desired to the point, time to leave CC. Last time they made changes it wasn't for the better but I stayed. Time to leave.

I agree; we can not stand the new format...do we need to vote with our feet?

It's not only the new format, it's the entire service. It wheezes and freezes and is getting harder to use each day.

the new format is confusing and hard to navigate to the events that you are interested in. The old way was better.
Regular Visitor

I had to get some tips and that helped. I'm anxiously awaiting more options for font selection, colors. I miss some of the old things, but understand the need for more mobile friendly emails.