Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Drag and drop scrolls too fast

When trying to add a block to my campaign, the pink line that appears moves much too fast. Thank you.

29 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @CarolW86 are you adding a new block into your email using a track pad or mouse? What browser or operating system are you using?

CarolW86
Campaign Collaborator

Using Windows 10 and a mouse.

PatriciaB36
Rookie

Building a campaign is very difficult due to erratic scrolling. Very hard to drag and drop. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @PatriciaB36 what browser and version are you working in? Are you unable to drag and drop in a different browser or a private/incognito window? Are you also unable to drag and drop files on your desktop? Does clicking a file with your left mouse button and hold, then click the escape key reenable drag and drop?

ScottH7127
Rookie
Every time I try to add a picture or text box to my newsletter, the scroll goes so fast that I am unable to place my items. It's VERY frustrating and time consuming.
JonathanK02
Campaign Collaborator

It's not that drag and drop doesn't work - it works fine. If you can get the cursor to stop where you want to drop.

When I drag an image, or an element from build, to the document, the working area scrolls so fast that my target point is off screen before I have time to react. If I reverse the scrolling direction (by moving the mouse), the target point scrolls on to the screen, and off the other end, before I can react. This happens all the time.

After dealing with this for several months, I have trained myself to use only the tiniest mouse movements, which sometimes allows me to get a red line at the point where I want to drop the element. But it's very frustrating to have to try several times for such a basic operation that should be simple.

CarolW86
Campaign Collaborator

I agree!!  This problem drives me WHACKO.  Please fix it.

LarryN385
Rookie

I agree.  Driving me crazy and taking hours.  Why has this not been fixed?

Frankie_P

Hi @LarryN385

Because this experience is not something all users have, it is something we have to troubleshoot on a case by case basis. In fact, are you able to provide some of the details previously requested in this thread?

JonathanK02
Campaign Collaborator

@Frankie_P,

You asked for details:

Asus Desktop M32BC (Asus Desktop AMD FXSeries 8GB Memory 2TB Hard Drive Black
VivoPC Series) 32 MB RAM, 2 TB disk.

Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1526)

Firefox V98.0.1 (64 bit)

Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 - Pointer speed medium, Enhance pointer precision checked

Dragging either an image (from the image list) or the text element (from the build list) to the document (with the target location positioned to the middle of the window) causes immediate scrolling. The document typically scrolls UP (a point in the document goes up) until the target position is above the window. Moving the mouse cursor up (to the top of the window) causes the document to scroll down. Both the scroll up and the scroll down are extremely fast; when scrolling down with the target position starting above the window, it will scroll past the bottom of the window before the user can move the mouse to a position that stops the scrolling (if the user can find such a position).

What other information do you need?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More