Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Edit Resend to Non Openers email before it sends

I'd like to see if you have content that goes out that is rescheduled to go out again for those that did not open the first time around, that you're able to make edits to the content.  I found an error in something that originally went out, however, I'm unable to make the edit and have the content go out only to those that did not open the first time around.  I'd have to do another blast.

47 Comments
AndreaM614
Rookie

Yes, please. To all of these changes. I had a webinar sell out much faster than we anticipated and now don't want the resend. How can we not cancel that by now!? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @AndreaM614. The Resend email can be canceled by following the steps outlined here.  

LeeP89
Campaign Collaborator

That is useful to know we cancel the resend, but we still can't edit! My first sent email had a date error, and a link that doesn't work.  How many more years will it take to understand we really need this, and to add this option?  Constant Contact has listened to one of my problems before, and the fix was available in a couple of months, but I see this has been going on since 2018! So I would like to add my voice to the above - Please, pretty please!

MelindaB1
Rookie

I'm having the same problem. I need to edit before resending.  I can't believe this is a difficult thing.    It shouldn't be.  The options of not resending without exporting contacts and resending an email with errors are both extremely short sighted options.  This needs to be fixed.

kweeksTAM
Campaign Collaborator

It would be VERY useful to be able to edit the date AND time of a resend.

Thanks.

JimL002
Rookie

Are you kidding, you can't change your resend date, when you discover it's a holiday, for instance? 

DavidP570
Brand Visionary

I understand the Administrator states you added a way in March 2020 with instructions set forth above, but it would be nice if you made it easier to find than a 6 step process.  Why not have just one button to cancel resend the way you offer a button to resend? 

BrianF519
Campaign Collaborator

How is it that it has been since 2018 and this still is not addressed? There are so many reasons to want to edit before the resend, in my case it's a broken link. It would be a quick fix but this software is not allowing the option. When oh when will this become available or are we just commenting into a void and unmonitored thread?

LeeP89
Campaign Collaborator

"are we just commenting into a void ?"

Hear! Hear!  it's been so long., and nothing done!

I rely on resend to reach a big slice of my customers who miss the first one, but not if there's an error or a change in information since the first one sent out. 

PLEASE, PLEASE do something abut this!

Frankie_P

Hi @LeeP89 thanks for sharing your want on this feature as well! There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. However the more requests a thread like this receives the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team.

I did also want to make you aware we have read your feedback, as all feedback is read by Constant Contact employees. I apologize while we may not respond to every comment – it is acknowledged and tracked appropriately. In fact, here is a section of our Community that helps explain what we do with our customer’s feedback.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More