Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Remove end date for RSVP block

Hi there, The date and time feature for the RSVP block can be improved, especially when an event starts and ends on the same day. For example: DATE AND TIME 11/03/18 9:00am - 11/03/18 4:00pm It would look much nicer if the RSVP block only listed the start date if the event starts and ends on the same day. Ex: 11/03/2018 9:00am-4:00pm It would also be nice to choose how the date is written, such as November 3, 2018 from 9am-4pm. Thank you! Best, Ana

9 Comments
MattL842
Marketing Legend

I wish the date section wasn't included in the RSVP. I'd rather manually type that out so I can control the styling. For example, I'd rather not use 11/11/18 format. And, for events that only last a few hours, it's silly for it to display 1/1/19 2:00 PM - 1/1/19 5:00 PM. Either have options to only show one date or give us the option to not include it at all.

Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

@MattL842  I think this would be a great addition to the RSVP block and I have opened your idea up for voting. Thank you for the feedback.

MattL842
Marketing Legend

Great! Thank you, Chris. Also, it would be nice if we could center the headline instead of being forced to left justify, and if the buttons would center (and be able to go wider before line break) should we only choose 2 button options instead of 3.

Chris_L
Employee

@MattL842 You are welcome and thank you for the additional ideas to enhance the RSVP block.  I will pass these ideas on as well.

Rob_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @MariaS874

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to open your idea up to voting.

Have a great day!

Rob L.

csrhs1869
Campaign Contributor

I would also like to suggest adding an 'end' date to RSVP where the link shows it's now closed, but to please reach out 'XXXX person' for further assistance. Every now and then, we host events that have a RSVP cut-off date so catering and the venue can know how many people we are expecting. It is frustrating to have to keep checking in on the RSVPs to see if our numbers go up any even though the cut-off date has been surpassed.

Thank you

LauraO077
Rookie

Agree, please change it.  

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, we do not have plans to remove or edit the end date for an RSVP action block. Should we hear any news, we'll update this thread.

CerritosChamber
Constant Contact Partner

Please add an end date and time to the RSVP block.   

Even though an email was sent days ago requesting to RSVP by 3:00 PM today, several people RSVP'd hours later, and who knows how many more will tomorrow before the event.  When there is food is involved, you need to know how much to prepare/purchase beforehand or give a guaranteed number to a caterer.  It becomes an issue when 10-12 people show up and you have to tell them they don't have a seat, they'll look at you bewildered and say, "But I RSVP'd."

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More