Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Have multiple users edit email at the same time

PLEASE consider adding a comments feature in email previews to ease the workflow for teams who collaborate on campaigns. There is an incredible amount of time wasted communicating necessary edits, asking questions about content, and scanning a campaign numerous times that could be solved with the addition of a comments feature. (I'm thinking of how such features within Google Docs or Airtable assets review are tremendous time-savers that add value to their products).  

Thank you for your consideration! 

9 Comments
MargieW
Campaign Contributor

I often work on an email campaign with a coworker at another location. I would like to be notified immediately if I try to open the document while he is already working in it. Microsoft Word has this function - documents are locked after one person opens them, and no one else can get in. The system you have wastes time because we don't find out that both of us are in the document until both of us have already made changes (and some changes get lost). 

On another subject, please label the Layout building blocks so people can understand what the differences are between them and how each should be used. They look very similar! 

Thank you. 

Sarah_Hughes
Rookie

Allow the test email to include live edits from the group who is reviewing. This would help save time when, one staff member has to collect all the edits from multiple sources and then make the changes.

Sarah_Hughes
Rookie

i vote YES to this! had this w/ our old system and it helped to speed up the review process, while being able to see everyone's comments so there was no duplication of "you spelled this wrong."  great for the author of email, great for the reviewers - great for everyone! thank you.

Sarah_Hughes
Rookie

I vote yes! Being able to use a review process makes it so much easier for our team to add comments but also as the creator/editor of the email to make the adjustments needed. No duplicate comments, easy to find, no formatting changes with the forwarding via email etc. etc. it was great when we had it with an old program. Our team has enjoyed using Constant Contact but this is the main item that our team has missed with the switch. We hope really hope this feature is added! - Jamie (not Anastasia, same account)

Sarah_Hughes
Rookie

I vote yes. Being able to use a review process makes it so much easier for our team to add comments but also as the creator/editor of the email to make the adjustments needed. No duplicate comments, easy to find etc. it was great when we had it with an old program. Our team has enjoyed using Constant Contact but this is the main item that our team has missed with the switch. We hope really hope this feature is added!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hello @FairbanksArts. This is a great idea for accounts, especially those that may have multiple people logged in. I'll open the idea up for voting. 

FairbanksArts
Campaign Collaborator

How does the voting work– does Constant Contact actually notify users of items open to voting or do folks just have to happen upon the issues that are up for a vote?

Frankie_P

Hi @FairbanksArts at this time users are not notified of feedback boards being opened for voting. The search bar in the header of the Community is a great way to find both the answers to questions you may have along with any feedback threads available to vote on. In the meantime here's a section of our Community that helps explain what we do with our customer’s feedback.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

Hello everyone. With the changes being made to our Feedback flow, we are changing this status to Not Currently Planned. At this time, we do not have plans to include this type of functionality due to the low number of tracks from other customers and the prioritization of other ideas. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More