Set a default folder when creating/copying campaigns

0 Votes

I use folders to organize my emails. When copying an email, they are placed into a folder called Unfiled. Please give an option to choose what folder to copy to. When creating new emails, give an option to choose what folder to save the new email in default could be unfiled or current folder name(show it) -Pete

6 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @PeterH1208 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We can understand how default folders can be and have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

PhillipC5
Rookie

Hello, I think when creating new emails, having the option to select the folder you would like the email to be saved in would be a great idea.  

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. At this time, we do not have an update to share with organizing campaigns in folders upon their creation. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

AlexandraG608
Rookie

Seconding that this would be a very useful feature! If it is not possible to assign to a folder during email creation, it would be equally helpful to be able to move the campaign to a folder from the Email Details page.

GBDIOC-staff
Marketing Expert

Hello, 

I have several campaigns that are filed in a folder.    I will work on several of the campaigns in the same folder.   After I work in one campaign and want to go into a different campaign within the same folder, I can no longer do that when the last upgrade was done.    It requires me to go back to the main page, select campaigns and choose my folder again and then choose the next campaign I want to work on.   I have to do this everytime I want to switch campaigns.  Before I could work in a campaign, finish my work, remain in the same folder and choose a different campaign.   It's very time consuming to always have to start over from the home page. 

Sheila Re

MarianV14
Rookie

And while you are programming - I would love to have the campaign page default to opening either a specific folder, or only unfiled, instead of all campaigns.  I usually create a bunch of event reminders in one sitting, and it is just that extra step to have to choose the folder each time I go back to campaigns to copy and edit the next one on my list.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More