Adjustable Padding For Images and Text Blocks

Everything seems to have a different left/right padding to it. I would like the option to remove padding from all items (ideally ability to adjust l,t,r,b padding on all objects). Especially in the new editor this is tedious and an image can span the entire 600px width, but a text box cannot.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi @rcppubs23

While there is more than one request in this thread we'd be happy to share updates for the requests in this thread. The good news is the feature of editing padding around images is available in our cross device editor. As for wanting to control padding between blocks, we’ve compiled and discussed this feedback users have shared internally. There are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

43 Comments
Hannah_M
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thanks for posting this @NicoleM504! Do you imagine this would be on the left panel as an overall control for the entire email? How would you handle a situation where you wanted different padding in different blocks?

VirginiaL31
Rookie

I would prefer to be able to control the padding for each individual item, similar to how Robly handles their layout design. It gives me more control over how images line up with the text around them and avoids awkward empty space.

Even doing increments of 5 would be fine. Robly would go from minimum 0 padding to maximum of 30, and I could control how much the top, bottom, left and right sides of an image or text block were padded.

AZA9
Campaign Collaborator

I'd just like to add a specific request for adjustable padding on Read More blocks. As you can see in the attached screen shot below, it is impossible for us to achieve uniform margins because the padding on Read More content (indicated by the red line) and the padding on Text block content (indicated by the green line) is different and cannot be changed. padding.png

Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

hvhibiscus
Marketing Legend

Just go to Advanced Editor and change the padding code yourself! You have total control of it that way. Simple!

JohnH6793
Rookie
Your inline forms do not allow for much CSS style. We cannot control the padding around the form nor the font. Very sad. We don't use HELVETICA, which kills the UX of our site and too much padding. You should consider using the INHERIT property for type faces - so designers have a bit more specificity. Or, is there something we are missing (know-how)?
Torch
Campaign Collaborator

The built-in padding above and below text boxes is frustrating. It looks awkward to have these large line breaks between title & body text. Images have an easy-to-use checkbox that lets you turn the padding on and off. The same functionality for text would be extremely helpful. Based on my research, it sounds like this option used to exist in an older version of the editor. Please add it back in!

PatriciaG600
Rookie

Not happy with new interface. Can't add padding to image and can't have an image embedded in a text email without it cowering in the corner. Cross.

Assist-Deb
Marketing Legend

This subject was raised last year and closed. The only response was to add padding around images. Actually I would like the ability to remove or adjust the size of the padding. I miss this feature from the earlier html editor. 

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I would like to see this feature added as well. Since there is no way to add text below an image in the same block, thereby necessitating it be added as a separate text block, we need the way to adjust the positioning of that text to look "right" with the image. And it needs to be separated *at least* top/bottom and left/right. (You might want different padding on the left and right sides than at the top in this situation.)

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More