Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Email marketing failure

0 Votes

I recently attempted to begin using the new updated Constant Contact.  During this past year we did very little email marketing since our market had changed due to COVID.  When I tried to make an updated news letter for about 600 customers, I found out during a test that it would not work with Microsoft Outlook.  After contacting your on-line support and working with them for about 1/2 hour, they confirmed that the problem I was seeing was due to an incompatability of your platform with Microsoft Outlook.  That is a platform that many of our customers use, so we are now looking for another email marketing supplier.

4 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @RobertK866 we're so sorry to hear this is the experience you've had with the images in your email campaigns! We have seen some cases where external image URLs does not display in the user interface and errors in Outlook. Were you also not seeing these images display in the user interface? In these cases we suggest editing the email in a different browser so the broken image can be deleted and replaced.

Frankie_P

Reply from @RobertK866 

One of your team members actually said that he had entered the images
correctly, but when he sent it to me, it was still a jumbled up mess. Then
he said that your system ( Constant Contact ) would not work well with
Outlook. The old system seemed to work well for many years, but this new
system apparently does not. Let me know if I am wrong.

I am actually unsure which images/texts were distorted and/or misplaced.
When I saw the result, I contacted your technical staff. They manipulated
the model that I had constructed, thought that they had corrected it, then
saw that it was still messed up. That was when they said that your platform
would not work with Outlook. They did not say that some images needed to be
constructed differently s that they would work with Outlook. I am no IT
expert, which is one of the things that attracted me to Constant Contact
years ago - emails could be constructed by someone with my lack of
expertise, quickly and easily. If I need to become more of an IT expert to
simply send out emails, then the value of that service disappears. If, on
the other hand, with a few simple adjustments, I can continue to use your
service effectively and efficiently, then I am interested.

Frankie_P

Hi @RobertK866 thanks for following up with these details! While this is not an experience all users are having it is something we are continuing to troubleshoot to see what we can do from our end to implement a fix. In fact what version of Outlook are you using? And can you please provide a screenshot of your email in Outlook with the missing images in it?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More