cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Emojis in the subject line

Emojis in the subject line

What are your plans for allowing emojis to be included in subject lines?
  • Find more ideas tagged with:
78 Comments

Thank you everyone for this feedback!

We just recently published a new FAQ on how you can use Emoji's in the subject line of your email.  Click here to check it out.

A couple of notes:

1. This feature will only work on our new 3GE editor.  If you would like to be switched to the new editor please reach out to our Support Team.

2. The emoji will only appear on your live send and will not show up in a test email.

We are currently looking at different ways we can bring emojis into your account to add to your subject line.

Question:  If we were only able to bring in a limited set of emojis, which are the ones everyone would like to see?

Thanks!

Occasional Advisor

Well, I just now attempted this in a subject line and received an error message.

I tried 😃 http://emojipedia.org/smiling-face-with-open-mouth/

and 💓 http://emojipedia.org/beating-heart/

I receive this error message.

Subject: Constant Contact does not support certain illegal characters. To continue, please change the following characters: 😃

So .... how do we make this happen?

It's May 22, 2017 and we can't put stars in our Memorial Day campaign subject line? I bet MailChimp will let us.

Occasional Advisor

If you send a request to support to add the above mentioned 3GE editor, new emails can have emjois in the subject line.

Regular Visitor

I was shocked I can't do this. Monkey business can ... come on guys. Often times the other guys are recommended for features you all should already have.

Occasional Advisor

Support tells me I was upgraded to the new editor, but problem persists.

I am creating a new email campaign and receiving the same error message: "Subject: Constant Contact does not support certain illegal characters. To continue, please change the following characters: ❤️"

Steps I took:

1. Search for "mobile responsive" templates.

2. Selected first one - "Basic Newsletter"

3. "Header Options"

4. Subject line

5. Added emoji from here http://emojipedia.org/green-heart/

6. Error!

Tried several emojis, and even attempted a cut and paste from this knowledgebase post, same error. http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/17990-using-emoji-in-an-email-subjec...

Thoughts? Anyone successful getting this to work?

@LorenzoV2

I replied to your PM as well.  It looks like there was an error when we originally tried getting you on the new editor.  It should be all fixed now.  If you follow the steps of creating a new email you should be able to add the emoji.  Let me know if you have any trouble!

Patrick

Occasional Advisor

Thanks, @patrick_w.

Any word on emojis in the subject line? Please add this feature!

We want emoji!

Regular Visitor

and no ones responds SMH

@MissyR0 @TimP20 @MaryC7

We just recently published a new FAQ on how you can use Emoji's in the subject line of your email.  Click here to check it out.

A couple of notes:

1. This feature will only work on our new 3GE editor.  If you would like to be switched to the new editor please reach out to our Support Team.

2. The emoji will only appear on your live send and will not show up in a test email.

Visitor

I would also like to request that emojis be an option for the subject line! PLEASE!!!!!

:manvery-happy:

Occasional Advisor

Folks, stop commenting on this thread. Problem is solved. Don't you guys know it's poor form to comment on a support thread without reading the prior information? And moderator, can you close the topic? 

Patrick W answered this question on May 11th at 4:32 (hell, I even think it's still on this same page!)

Patrick_W

We just recently published a new FAQ on how you can use Emoji's in the subject line of your email.  Click here to check it out.

A couple of notes:

1. This feature will only work on our new 3GE editor.  If you would like to be switched to the new editor please reach out to our Support Team.

Visitor

Can we please have access to emojis ??? Thanks !!!

Emojis are now available in our Third Generation Editor!

For information on how to use them, please visit the following blog: https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Product-News/Including-Emojis-in-the-Subject-Line-for-the-T...

If you would like to request access to our Third Generation Editor please leave a comment in the blog above and someone from our Support Team will be in touch!

Thank you,

Patrick

I Need to be able to write subjects in Greek text.
Visitor

Constant Contact's lack of support for the Cyrillic alphabet is very disappointing and ignores a rather large potential customer base. Is there any effort under way on Constant Contact's part to rectify this?

Loading script asynchronously