cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Emojis in the subject line

Emojis in the subject line

What are your plans for allowing emojis to be included in subject lines?
79 Comments
Occasional Visitor

It's ridiculois that this is even a topic of debate in 2017. It's  one that ConstantContact will surely regret having irritated users deliberating for so long. Been with CC for 8+ years now (2 businesses/accounts) and never considered switching services, but this combined with some other headaches have left me ready for a change this year, unless they can keep up with the competition. Maybe these emojis of me riding off into the sunset will get their attention: 🌅🏇

Hi do you plan to support Cyrillic characters for email subjects? thx
Visitor

When sending an email campaign, it would be extremely helpful if we had the option to import the person's first or last name into the suject field for a personalized email.  I feel this would increase the open rate even further.  Please let me know if this is a possibliity.  

Thanks, 

Kelly

Time to evolve CC! I would love to use emjois in the subject lines. 

Please add emojis to the subject line for emails.  I tried to add a couple today to my autoresponder as I noticed my competitors are doing it.  Now I'm at a disadvantage.   A picture is worth a thousand words.  If someone sees an emoji, they immediately recognize what the content will be about without even having to read the words (which for some people, takes longer).  It's a great way for people to sift through the numerous emails for the day.  Anyway, that's how I use them.  They're eye-catching and definitely increase the open rate.  And smiley faces make people feel good!  Please add if possible - even if just for the autoresponders.  If people are sending the reminder notification and all customers have opted in, there shouldn't really be a spam problem (except for people who are senile and can't remember they signed up for your emails and in that case, maybe the little emoticons will help jog their memory).  Thanks for your consideration! :smileyhappy:

There is legitimate proof that emoji's in subject lines are becoming more and more effective. In fact, the use of emoji's and how it increases your engagement and opens has increase over 400% since last year. This is something that should be added for CC marketers to have the opportunity to utilize exactly what is trending and works right now!

Frequent Visitor

After seeing SO many emails with Emoji in subject lines it really is frustrating that we are unable to do the same. Please add this feature!!!!!

Solution Provider

Anu update on being able to have emojis in the subject line?

All Star

Need emojis. ASAP. Is this even on the roadmap? 

The new editor is uncapable of correctly rendering accented characters in the subject line. Accents are fundamental in many languages, such as spanish, french, portuguese, the germanic and slavic languages, and so on. We cannot correctly write without them.

This is a major correction that need to be done quickly, as any new campaign now opens with the new editor. I cannot keep on making copies of previously sent campaigns that used the previous editor so I can properly write my subject line. 

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hi @PaganW,

We currently do not have an ETA on when this feature will be implemented, but we know this is a highly requested item and our teams are currently working on bringing this feature in. I am moving your post to a thread where others would like the same feature as well. Any updates we have will be posted on this thread so be sure to check back here!

Visitor

When will emojis be added?? I"ve been with you guys for YEARS, but will be switching if you can't get this done in the next month. This thread dates back to 2015. This should be a non-issue.

I am very disappointed that CC has no real plans to provide this feature. We've been very happy with CC for the many years with them, but this issue will force us to consider other vendors.

Occasional Visitor

Agree! Come on CC let's get with the times! 

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree it would be worth considering adding this feature. I receive emails from my competitors which sporadically include well-placed emjois in the subject line, and can see that their emails often stand out more than those we are able to send via Constant Contact.

Many thanks,

JC

Emoji's please.

Occasional Contributor

WOW! Was so surprised this is not possible. I've been with Constant Contact for over 12 years but this and some other changes/issues has me looking elsewhere.  :smileymad:

Regular Visitor

Hey everyone, I have the answer to all your troubles!  

Simply go to emojipedia.com and copy the emoji you want and paste into your subject line.

Enjoy:smileyvery-happy:

Solution Provider

JordanM237,

I tried it but CC would not allow it!  emoji sad face

Would've been nice if an employee updated this thread with this news: http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/17990-using-emoji-in-an-email-subjec...

NOTE: Emoji WILL NOT show up in a test email