cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Forward to a friend

Forward to a friend

I created an email using card/announcement and when I tried to add "forward to a friend", "join my mailing list" and permission reminder" I was not able. I would like to have the ability to use these functions in future emails that I create.

76 Comments
Regular Visitor
Our emails are constantly forwarded, that is how people spread the word about our events. When I use the forward button in my email client, the integrity and design of the email goes away. We really need the forward button re-added to the new editor.
The old format had the option to forward the campaing through emails. Can this be added back. When forwarding through Outlook, some of the information does not show up.
Visitor
how come i can put a "forward to a friend" link?
Occasional Organizer

I need to use this function to create sharable campaigns that my business partners can use to send to their own contacts. A more obvious button would be appreciated as well. I need to be able to explain to them that they have to use that button, not the forward in their email client. Maybe it could be an editing element that we could slide anywhere in the email, and have the ability to change the text on the button.Untitled.png 

Why is forward to a friend only available in custom coded emails? I'm trying to get away from custom coding my email newsletter...
CTCT Employee

@ChristaH117 Thank you for the feedback.  We know this is a important feature for some users.  The product team is looking at the best way to implement this into the current editor.

Visitor
Yes, please do add in a FORWARD option
Established Member

Why does it take so long to bring back "forward to a friend?" It appears from this thread that many of us are missing that feature. As others have pointed out, it's easy to do with MailChimp, and if your list is on the smaller side, MailChimp is FREE.

It's frustrating that I can only have subscribers share to social media and not directly via email. Also, if I use that function and include icons/links to my company's social media, it looks junky, so I need to pick one or the other. I tried the social media share buttons at the top and that's even worse.

Please bring back forward to a friend!

Frequent Visitor

You have to use the old editor to make forward to a friend work. Hopefully, CC will add this feature to the new editor as well. But the old editor is not really all that hard to manipulate, especially if you have a template.... Also, wish it would have an option for "Forward to a colleague" or something businessy, since many of use CC for biz-biz.... 

We would really like for there to be a forward option at the bottom of the email. We've had the problem where someone would forward the email and the new recipient would unsubscribe as the original person who forwarded them the email. It just messes with our system of who wants the emails and who doesn't. I hate that I have to use the old version just to get that option on my emails.
Occasional Visitor
Please!!! This is causing a lot of issues for my team members who I send out campaigns for, including THEM getting unsubscribed when they forward from their email platforms. Thank you.
We have a very senior board member who continually gets unsubscribed because she forwards our emails to her friends. Those people unknowingly click unsubscribe thinking that will take THEM off the list, but it takes HER off the list. I just called in to your customer service number to ask how to at least get the "Forward to a Friend" option in the footer, only to learn that it was removed for the version we are using and being revamped because of problems. On top of that, the young man that I spoke to was not at all friendly or professional in the way he answered my questions. His ultimate answer when I asked when the new feature would be rolled out was "No idea."
Frequent Visitor

We had the same issue with our newsletter template. Right now you have to use the LEGACY templates to have the forward to a friend feature. They said they are working on it, but honestly, it's been a couple of years and they still keep pushing the "new" template. But if you have the template as you like it, you may be able to recreate in Legacy. It's not really that hard once you understand the concept of blocks and what each one is for. Good luck, and I actually suggested calling it Forward to a colleague or friend or give you a choice....so it makes sense to whoever is receiving.... 

We would like the Forward to a Friend button to be added back to the template editor. It was useful in our newsletters created with legacy templates, and there isn't a substitute for the feature in the new version.

Visitor
Please add again the forward to friend option like mailchimp.
Visitor

I just learnt that a forwarded e-mail can be unsubscribed and in essence unsubscribe the person originally on the e-mail list. Then there is process which is not easy to get re-subscribed. My question is why was I not told about this issue , as I am sure I have lost numerous customers due to this issue? Why was this problem not explained to me earlier, as I am sure in was a known problem????