cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward to a friend

Forward to a friend

I created an email using card/announcement and when I tried to add "forward to a friend", "join my mailing list" and permission reminder" I was not able. I would like to have the ability to use these functions in future emails that I create.

78 Comments
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @MCCCC. Would you please be able to elaborate on what you need help with regarding 'Forward to a Friend'?

Occasional Visitor

my emails do not contain the option, once received by someone, to forward the email to another...?  is this just an old version??  Linda

Visitor
Can you please add the ability to have a forward to a friend. I keep getting unsubscribed notices and my viewers do not want to unsubscribe. I was told that it may be because they forwarded to a friend. Please put this feature back into the system or I may be forced to leave Constant Contact

It is impossible to recommend Constant Contact to other organizations who ask because of the lack of "forwarding" options. This is a huge void in the product. My recipients forward my messages all the time and they look awful and unprofessional. There is no way to prevent people from forwarding. The only reasonable option is to add a forwarding option that maintains formatting. 

It would be great for Constant Contact to include a forward to a friend button or link with email campaigns. For our non-profit partners, this is especially important to forward and exchange information with our constituents for our fundraising campaigns. 

Can you please add a "Forward to a friend" link at the bottom of your new generation editor? Also, the previous one made it so you had to type in each email separately. This is tedious if you have several emails you would like to forward. Can you make a field where someone could copy and paste several emails at once?
Visitor

The updated Constant Contact templates eliminates the ability to include "Forward to a Friend." I recently paid for a Premium Template, and with that we still can't include "Forward to a Friend" with our emails. That was a helpful tool for us, and we'd like to see it added by in your system asap. That is lost opportunity for brands to be able to grow their audience via their current audience. I can only say that MailChimp offers this capability, and if we can't get it back, it's possible over the next year we will consider moving our account to MailChimp. 

Solution Provider
Hi, we just moved to the new platform and found out that you removed the "forward email" button. Ug! We have a few organizations that we send tips to that forward to their group. Now we have to create the same email in both the old and new platform to have this? What a time waster!!! Please add it back.
All Star

Add the forward button please.

Occasional Visitor
please add the option to insert "Forward to a Friend" link in email.
my patients love to share my emails and the icon made it so easy to do and the click was something we could follow. It is badly needed so I hope you will create and add it to the 'build' section or provide us the special link. I just need a link that I can add to my image of 'share this email' thanks
All Star

I need for you to restore, or create from scratch, the capacity for me to forward an email from an already sent campaign to an individual, or individuals. You used to include a "Forward" link in every email template--now that's gone. And when I try to forward the copy of each email campaign that I sent to myself, the formatting goes wonkey (e.g. the background behind all the text goes "black"). MY SUGGESTION: I should be able to log in, go visit my "Campaigns" page, click on ANY sent campaign, and have an option to "Forward" a copy of that email to one or more individuals whose email addresses I enter. ALSO...in the past, people to whom I forwarded an email clicked on "Unsubscribe"...and it unsubscribed ME from my own mailing list. Fix that! THESE things need to be done "Yesterday," i.e. urgently--since my last campaign (10/8/17), I've had more than a dozen requests and/or opportunities for forward a copy to NEW, interested people...and I can't. YOU'RE KILLING MY MARKETING EFFORTS! Get on it! Thanks--Dan Keusal...

All Star

When we forward our email, the formatting completely changes and makes our newsletter unreadable. There should be a forward option within the service that allows for someone to forward the email to a friend without losing the formatting. 

When my subscribers forward my email to several people and one of them hits "unsubscribe" then my subscriber gets unsubscribed. This happened several times. Please add a FORWARD EMAIL BUTTON again to prevent this from happening. Thank you
Established Member
Please bring back the Forward to a Friend feature in your new design editor. We heavily rely on that feature. Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

We gave the 3ed Gen editor a shot from it's launch, but found that since it didn't have a "forward" feature, it was worth sticking with the tried and true template we originally created. I'm often tempted to change our template or use once of yours for a special campaign, but without the forward feature, I think it would be losing it's punch.  Also, in the "Forward" landing page, perhaps it could let us choose which kind of person to send to....mostly I forward to collegues or associates, rarely a "friend"....

Frequent Visitor
When you click on "Edit Footer Info" under the Footer Options, why not add "forward email to friend" here? I can't figure out how to add this to the footer otherwise.
Trusted Contributor

This feature is one significant one that has kept me using Constant Contact, since at least Mailchimp (I haven't checked how many others) only send a link to the web version when you forward the email. Constant Contact's big advantage, from my perspective, with regard to this, was that it actually forwarded the email itself, not forcing the receiver to click a link to even see what is being sent to them. Also, I suspect that just sending the link would cause many forwards to be filtered as possible spam.