cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics

Google Analytics

Sadly we learned that you just removed the Google Analytics option from the new generation application. This was a great way for us to track how each of our email marketing campaigns are performing and impacting traffic acquisition in our Google Analytics account. Please bring it back!

49 Comments
I LOVE the feature of being about to connect each email to Google Analytics. However, the newer templates using the new editing system do not have this option. I talked to Customer Support and they said that there are currently no plans to add back the GA feature. I use this feature every time I send an email and love it because it allows me to see which emails are generating more sessions, pageviews, conversions, etc. It's a fast way to see which emails are getting me REAL results--not just opens and clicks, but revenue. I have not switched to the new templates for this reason, but I know that eventually the old templates will be phased out and we will all have to switch to the new system. So I ask that the development team PLEASE add the option to connect the new emails to GA. The information in the reporting section of Constant Contact has lots of great information but it can't tell me how many sales an email generated. GA can.

PLEASE BRING GOOGLE ANALYTICS BACK!!! 

All Star

After spending time browsing new templates and developing a new template using the new editor, I learned that there is no Analytics tracking in the new editor. As instructed by support, I laboriously added UTMs manually to every single link in my email and after sending saw that ALL of them were stripped.I hate wasting my time, (and you should hate that you cause me to waste my time) so having already spent much of it on that - I decided to keep working on it so I can get it out and use the UTMs instead.

Now, thanks to CC, all of my traffic coming from CC will be distorted and misrepresented in Google Analytics as direct and with no insight. If you're going to release something that you are trying to catch up to the competition with, at least make sure it is ready for prime time. People expect to gain features with a new release or iteration, not take steps back. So we have a choice - use the same tired editor from 10 years ago and be able to track our web site traffic or use the new more modern editor with no insight.  

The amount of time spent could have been used to get up and running with a competitor with an actualy valuable/modern feature set who knows what they are doing and who does it well. Get it together CC.  

All Star

Please bring back Google Analyticsto the new editor. The old versions are complicated and glitchy, the new version are user friendly and more pleasing aesthetic(s)..but NO GA. Feels like a lose-lose situation right now...

Just put hours into creating a new email template for our library using the new editor only to find out it doesn't support GA!  How disappointing - please listen to your customers and add it back in!

Regular Visitor

Agreed. Google Analytics needs to be back!

All Star
Add Google Analytics

Could you recommend another service provider that provides GA? Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Removing the Google Analytics tagging capability has made it extremely hard for me to justify our email campaigns.  We hope that you bring it back to the email design editor.  For now we are shopping new email providers that will provide this for us.

Established Member
Hi All, In the second generation editor, I could assign a Google Analytics Campaign Name with one step. Why did Constant Contact think it was a good idea to make that process so much more cumbersome with the new email editor (requiring URL-by-URL steps via the GA Campaign URL Builder)? Constant Contact, please accelerate a fix for this so we can use the same one-step GA Campaign Name assignment that we had in the 2nd gen email editor.
Please bring this back. It allowed users on my team to create tracking without having to be trained in Google Analytics. Thanks!

Bring back the Google Analytic Option!!!!!!  Now!!!!!!!!

Or at least tell us if you ever will... For a company that is always suggesting better ways for your customers to communicate to their customers - you sure don't follow your own advice!  

Occasional Advisor

we need the Google analytics option too. Got to measure results. will have to look at other email service providers, but like Constant Contact's integration with our data base etapestry.

Visitor

Cool beans,   I DONT SEE A SOLUTION to this =*(.

HURRAY!

Back to mailchimp.

Would be very useful to have Google Analytics automated UTM tracking implemented to the 3GE template. Thanks!

Please bring this feature back. It seems almost like stepping back in time to remove it in the newest editor. 

Occasional Advisor

Yet another fail of the 3rd gen editor. Used to be so easy to add Google Analytics (tick a box). Now I have to add UTM code to each link. Please bring back that box!

Frequent Visitor

Being able to enter a campaign name for Google analytics in a single bar made organizing tracking from our emails super simple. Now that it is gone, this is an absolute pain! Please bring this function back!

Occasional Advisor

I agree! This is a huge loss in the new editor. Royal pain to have to use the URL Builder for every single link.