cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics

Google Analytics

Sadly we learned that you just removed the Google Analytics option from the new generation application. This was a great way for us to track how each of our email marketing campaigns are performing and impacting traffic acquisition in our Google Analytics account. Please bring it back!

49 Comments

Removed Google analytics and didn't tell anyone?  And what is the whole point of email marketing?

Tracking traffic and clicks to the website- but CC didn't think that was an important feature now?

The "work around" is for me to add tracking to every link in the newsletter. This makes no sense at all.

They should not have released new editor without this feature and now they say they "may" add it back.

When?

It is the end of 2018 and I see that people have been asking for this for 2 years!!

Occasional Advisor

I agree we need the Google Analytics tracking. It was so simple with the other editor, and now with the 'new and improved editor' it's a hassle. Please, this is a pretty basic request. Thanks.

All Star

Any plans on adding Google Analytics tracking back into the 3rd Gen editor? It's essential to evaluating the efficacy of campaigns and justifying the expense of your product.

Regular Visitor

This would be great! I didn't use CC yet when this was a feature but that would be awesome to add Google UTM codes automatically to all the links in one campaign. It would also make it so much easier to reuse campaigns and have the link code updated automatically throughout. I have always used https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/ to copy/paste and generate my links before using in the email. I didn't know what I was missing!

Visitor

Yes, please bring this feature back.

ADD GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING BACK PLEASE!!!

Going to have to add to this - Big reason I am with CC over MailChimp is I loved the HTML editor in the old generator. WHile the new responsive one is cool, i hate that you removed the GA tagging feature. It is one thing to not be able to tweak the html (though, I won;t miss those tables) but dear lord - don't get rid of GA tagging! Please incorporate this feature in the new editor.

Visitor

I agree. The feature was very helpful.

Occasional Advisor

Piping in again on this. Manually tagging all links is really a hassle. Just another request to add this back in. Gotta be able to easily track email marketing results.