Include Dynamic Links in 3rd Generation Editor

Creating dynamic links is REQUIRED in 3rd generation editor in order to adequately personalize email campaigns.  Otherwise, the only other option is to look for a different service.  As well as HTML editing.  If this is not updated soon, I may have to look for a service that better meets my needs

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone! Thank you for your interest in this idea. Email Newsletters in our Third Generation Editor has been updated to support dynamic links! Click here to learn more.

29 Comments
Frequent Visitor
Please add a string which sets the date dynamically to whenever the email is sent. please.
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Employee

Seconded

Established Member

I agree, this is a basic concept, please implement.

Thanks

Advisor

It's extremely frustrating that you do not support dynamic links, either through the normal editor or advanced html editor.  This makes it impossible to have a customer click a link in the email and move themselves to a different link (I can't even send them back to my site without then forcing them to login, the create an email list change page...this is a terrible experience).

Ideally allowing us to create a link in the editor where we can insert a string and a contact variable would be ideal, but simply allowing us to store a link as a custom field and then referencing that field ($Subscriber.custom.CustomField1..2..3, etc) in a <a href> tag in the advanced editor would work.

Advisor

Yes

Ditto

@RobertaC477 wrote:

Creating dynamic links is REQUIRED in 3rd generation editor in order to adequately personalize email campaigns.  Otherwise, the only other option is to look for a different service.  As well as HTML editing.  If this is not updated soon, I may have to look for a service that better meets my needs :(

Any update on whether this will become available in the 4th generation editor?  Without this feature, we may be forced to go with a different vendor.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, brought up the same issue in July.  We need to have dynamic links. Or find another service that does.

Advisor

Constant Contact Moderators:

So how does this work, as this request has been open for months now and is a very basic request your competitors ALL support.

Without this feature it is impossible to have a person click a link in an email and move between email lists (for instance, a text and a video version).

Advisor

Any update here?  This has been opened for a month (and apparently requested many times before)

@imru

At this time I don't have an update for you. To be honest, this isn't at the top of the features list so we don't have a plan to implement the ability to include dynamic links in the editor in the near future. That being said, your votes and comments here do indeed count and are reflected on the development teams tickets so they can keep track. I'll share any update to this topic as we have it. 

Advisor

Just making sure no one has forgotten about this :)

any chance this has showed up on a release schedule in 2018?

Occasional Contributor

Fingers crossed that it has !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are dynamic link capabilities available yet? I will have to take my clients elsewhere if not.

Occasional Contributor

Nope, not yet.  And no word when it will.............

Occasional Advisor

Absolutely agree with this! How soon can we expect this?

Occasional Advisor

Please move this to the top of your development list!!!!  This is so basic of a request.