Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Insert "Add to Calendar" link into email

Two ideas : 1. Allow event announcements to be added to my calendar to be posted on web site. 2. My calendar should help us capture contact info. If someone views my calendar have a pop-up that asks if their information can be added to the contact list. No one wants to go to another form to complete anymore. As you know, sites are using google or facebook log-on button so you do not have to type info. Typing info over and over again is passe

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, we apologize this feature is not yet available!

There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, we are continuing to collect feedback and requests on this feature through this thread. The more requests an idea receives the higher a priority it can be given by our Product Team. We will also reach back put to this thread when we have any further updates.

75 Comments
kristine
Rookie

We also need this ability to add an event to a calendar.  With many virtual events, we are not asking for registration -- so the ability to add to a calendar is extremely important.  Is there any workaround?  The RSVP box is very clunky and it seems that this function is available with many other email software packages.  Thank you.

BenM288
Rookie

We need an "add to calendar" function added to Constant Contact that is not reliant on the Event Page since many of us aren't using CC to collect registrations. I hope this makes it up the priority list. 

PattieO6
Rookie

I need the 'add to calendar' button, too. I use CC for two different groups and I don't understand why this issue has been on your radar FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS and yet, nope. Just, "sorry, we haven't added this feature to email marketing yet." I mean, I guess I do understand, event marketing packages probably cost more, so maybe you're just incentivizing people to buy up. 

But people have been holding out for a decade, I think you should just add it, don't you? 

SFMedSociety
Rookie

Please add this feature, like yesterday! Pretty archaic that it's not available and that people have been asking for it since 2015 (at least!).

Does anyone have good suggestions for where we can host the .ics in the interim for free? I tried mediafire, but it was super spammy with a free account (lot's of pop-up ads)...my org is not going to pay $200 a year just to host a calendar invite...why do we pay for CC if they can't do this??? Would love suggestions. Thanks!

NathanB43
Rookie

I know many have requested this over the years, and it's still not yet implemented: please give us the option of at least uploading an .ics file to apply to buttons in our email campaigns! 

AlanG182
Rookie

Link directly from email to calendar such as calendly allows you to embed into your normal email or with. 

Clients can book a meeting at a time they select directly on the email. I am not a shop or restaurant. I work in international business and have to schedule calls throughout the night. 

DanT639
Rookie

Is this "Add to calendar" featur available yet? It seems like you have to use Constant Contact's "event" product. This thread goes back to 2012. 

PatrickR2
Rookie

It's been 10 years.  Any progress?  Need to be able to insert "add a calendar" link to emails for public groups.  NOT DO EVENT REGISTRATION!

MargoM4
Campaign Contributor

We need an "Add to Calendar" integration that is not tied to the creation of an event in Constant Contact! Please prioritize :smileyface:

JosieW6
Rookie

Jumping on to say I wish we had this "add to calendar" option as well. NOT just in RSVP!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More