Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Is Reporting a Problem Frowned Upon Here? Fasten Your Seatbelts Buttercup!

0 Votes

My business partner spent hours completing about 15 hyperlinks in our newsletter a couple of nights ago only to come back today to find nearly all, not all but nearly all, gone. Now, a lot of things we can suggest like she didn't save properly or whatever, but no as I can testify to the fact that all of the hyperlinks were in the campaign as I tested them all in preview mode. They just disappeared and we are the ONLY two that have access to the platform. All y'all have a nasty bug, along with  a few dozen more that I'm documenting. This, is the most egregious and perhaps the most puzzling. I spent my evening putting most of them back, four more to go we'll get tomorrow. This should not be happening!!

Also, if you want a suggestion you should have a a section on feedback for a 'bug report.' I've been doing software development for a few decades and ALWAYS had a bug report list for internal QA checks as well as clients. Clients appreciate it and also appreciate getting a nice email that says thank you and this is when the but will be addressed.

4 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @GeniM9 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We apologize for the experience you've had with the links in your email campaign. What is the name of the campaign you had this experience with? Is this happening with more than one email campaign? What browser are you working in? As for our feedback section, these boards are currently designed based on the section of our product users are sharing feedback on. Because some defects are not experienced by all users we do troubleshoot on a case by case basis. With that said, any trending defect or feature requests are tracked appropriately and submitted to our Product Team.

GeniM9
Rookie

Frankie - good afternoon. The frustration was that of a new user (Me, Carl, a member of Geni's Team) and very late night unable to find a link to a support help email - I knew phones were off line. 

Q1 - the campaign we had the issue with is labeled "September 2021 Newsletter_ Restaurant." I have put most of the links we needed back in at this point. What I don't understand is why they could be there, be verified in the "PREVIEW" and then the campaign properly closed and Constant Contact properly exited only to come back the next day and find they disappeared!

Q2 - this is the only campaign that is active - it is our first also by the way.

If there is another location or section for this to be reported please advise. I would have typically gone to phone support but as I said it was after hours. Thank you. Carl Larsen, Geni Manning Real Estate Group - Plano, TX.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @AnnaC639 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We're always open to ways we can better our user's experience. With that said, the good news is the feature requests you have mentioned are feature requests we are tracking. In fact we recommend commenting directly on the threads for controlling mobile image sizing, editing your list line spacingchanging the appearance of list bullets. As for your google fonts not displaying correctly, which email client are you viewing your email through? Does this happen when using more than one email client?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

The good news is having email as a line of support is a feature request we are currently collecting feedback on. In fact we recommend sharing your need for this feature directly on its thread.

As for your email, we apologize for the experience you had with your campaign. We have however taken a closer look and can see you were able to speak with our support about this as well. Because of this we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see. If you have any further questions or concerns as you continue working in your account our support can be reached here in the Community through our Get Help section.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More