View all and remove links before sending

0 Votes

Our emails tend to contain about a dozen links. My normal process is to preview the email then hover over the links in my browser (Firefox). I get a tiny preview down in the corner that I can check for accuracy before sending my email. It would be helpful if I could do something similar in the editor, but with a larger pop-up. There are, of course, alternatives. I could send myself a test copy and click on all the links to verify their destination. But the links are numerous and they're simple enough to visually check without going to all the trouble to actually click on them. A better preview in the editor would be a good feature.

11 Comments
ShirleyL89
Campaign Expert

We just sent out a holiday card to our clients and potential clients. We spent forever designing a great holiday e-card. We pierced and proofed and at the end of the day, we totally forgot to provide a URL to our website. I feel like your software should warn people if their campaigns lack a url to their website. We were so consumed with the content of the card that we forgot the most important thing.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @ShirleyL89. Thank you for the feedback about this feature request. I'll open this up for voting.  

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @Laridian thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Does our "Check for Errors" tool help fit your needs of making sure your links are correctly connected?

Laridian
Campaign Expert

Thanks @Frankie_P. The most common problem I find is that we've copied a previous email but failed to update all the links. So even if the "Check for Errors" tool checked for broken links, which it doesn't, that wouldn't help because the problem isn't that the links are broken, it's that they go to the wrong place.

There are a variety of ways this could be done that would be helpful. One would be as I described — some kind of hover that would show the URL. Another would be a little report that would show the destination of all links and the number of links to that URL, like:

https://example.com/newproduct.htm x 12

https://example.com/oldproduct.htm x 1

That would let me know that I've got an old link in there somewhere and I could go look for it.

Another really good one would be a view of my email that shows the entire email with the link URL in a box above or below the link. So I'd see all the URLs all at one time. A similar view would replace the link text with the URL. So instead of seeing "just click here to save 50%" I would see "just https://example.com/newproduct.htm to save 50%" or maybe "just click here[https://example.com/newproduct.htm] to save 50%".

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @Laridian these details you have followed up with definitely help to understand your feature request better! We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

MorrisCountyNJ
Campaign Contributor
Hi - Can you make a feature to see a list of the actual URLs that we are using in our CC newsletter BEFORE I send it out? Though we are careful, it's going out with safelinks, and we need to be absolutely sure that it doesn't. Thanks for the opportunity to give feedback.
Frankie_P

Hi @MorrisCountyNJ

Does our current check for errors tool help fit your needs?

MorrisCountyNJ
Campaign Contributor

Check for errors would be a great place to offer a list of URLs that the feature is checking, but it currently that only tells me if there are the errors that CC specifies - missing or broken links. I need to see the links to know if they are correct.  It would be great if there was a way for the Check for errors panel to go away too.

Frankie_P

Hi @MorrisCountyNJ

Thanks for following up with these details! We have merged your post into a similar thread focused on this idea. The more requests an idea like this receives the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team.

MaryG80
Rookie

PLEASE, please add a tool that lets us see the links contained in an email before sending it!  When we copy and use a previously sent email, if we fail to update the links (still working, so your check for errors tool doesn't catch it), the email goes out incorrectly.  When there are lots of links in an email, being able to view a list of the links would be an amazing benefit!!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More