Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More background pattern options

I have noticed that a lot of the templates have themed/nice patterns, but when I create my own email I only have a few options for patterns, I know I can add a custom one, but it can be hard to find ones that fit correctly and look good. Please add more pattern options! Thank you
9 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

9dNorthDigMarketing
Brand Influencer

You're background options are basically nil. The patterns are nice, but there absolutely needs to be more added. Otherwise, you need to figure out a way that when adding a picture from the free stock options, it doesn't tile. This is such a huge thing i dont know why it hasn't been addressed. And should be a fun one to commit and complete. At least i would find it so. Please update, address, and fix this issue. I know i cannot be the only one who is wanting more options here. 

SusanG95
Rookie
Constant Contact clearly has a library of patterns available for the designs of their templates, but on the user side, only a handful of patterns are available. It would be nice to be able to look through a library or gallery of available patterns--especially since these assets are already available to users for free, but only if you scan all templates for the pattern you want and build from that template.
TelradMarketing
Campaign Contributor

PLEASE ADD MORE!!!!

eDotFamily
Rookie

Lame selection of patterns! also, I buy my own pattern or background pic; what is the correct size to save it as so it won't tile?

Frankie_P

Hi @eDotFamily

The good news is our cross platform editor does allow users the ability to control the tiling of background images. If you are now experiencing the images appearing incorrectly please share with us  the image URL from your library, a screenshot of what you are seeing, and the email client being used directly on the thread for wanting more control of background images so we may troubleshoot further.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

As mentioned by Frankie, there are background tiling options available for images uploaded to the library that may help with part of this request. We'll keep this open to gather more information.

Please let us know what types of images or options you are looking to have available when designing your campaigns. Would this be a transparent pattern with the ability to add a colored overlay? More tiled images?

KatieS9
Rookie

Hey Constant Contact team, I agree with the folks in this 5 year old thread. Please add more background pattern options to your editor - the current ones are stale. Why are the options so limited?

KristinaR50
Rookie

Adding to this thread. This has been going on for years and the options are extremely limited. This is very frustrating. Will be looking for alternatives.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More