More options for template picker

0 Votes

Why does Constant Contact continue to insist on making "improvements" that disrupt work flow. I just discovered your new template selector. YIKES!!

How on earth is this an improvement? You used to have a lot more templates, and you had handy tools (left hand column) for finding the one that would fit our needs. Now it's nothing but a scrolling list!!?? REALLY??!! WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS COMPANY??!! Why do you keep REMOVING capability from your program?

5 Comments
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello again @DougS873,

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully we can clear up some of the confusion here:

After taking a look into your account, you absoultely still have access to templates with left and right sidebars (a helpful tip would be to type in the word "left" or "right" in the Search bar on the page to find these quicker).

Could you help us understand the "Scrolling list" capability? Is this describing scrolling down to see more templates? If so, is there a different way you would like to see the templates laid out to make it easier for you?

Ariana,

I'm not talking about which templates I have access to. I'm talking about the capabilities of the page on which one finds and selects a template to use. That page, which now has the title "Select a template," used to have a whole set of options on the left side of the page (things like one column, two column, basic, etc.). Clicking among those option simplified the template selection process. That is the capability that has been removed. Now what you have is just a scrolling list of the available templates.

The search bar at the top of the new "Select-a-template" page is not useful (or not as useful). I typed "2 column" and "two column" into that search bar and got NO RESULTS! Imagine my surprise when later I found a template that had "2 column" in its NAME!!! What exactly is being searched?? You have actually made it MORE DIFFICULT to find the template one wants.

The other benefit of the old way was that it presented me with a list of the possibilities (different types of templates). This helped me to DECIDE what sort of template I wanted. This help is now missing. 

This company is committing suicide with this sort of redesign that is forced on its customers--a net loss of nearly 10,000 subscribers since August. Ridiculous.

Now. Will this "feedback" get the courtesy of a reply? 

Employee

We appreciate the feedback as always @DougS873 thanks for letting us know how we can improve.

Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

"2 column" still produces no results. And Constant Contact has provided NO EXPLANATION--no answer to the question, "What exactly is being searched?"

The search bar SUGGESTS "single column" as an example of what you would enter. If you do, you get ONE template!! (ONE!.... ONE!!).  I-DI-O-TIC!! 

Here are some other seaches that get few or NO RESULTS!

"Simple letter"  NO RESULTS

"photo header" or "image header" NO RESULTS

"flyer" gets ONE HIT.

"invite" gets two, but "invitation" gets a dozen.

This search box is ONE MORE EXAMPLE of Constant Contact rolling out an untested feature that is poorly designed and doesn't do what it needs to do. 

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More