Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More text wrapping options for images

I don't like that in the new templates, we are unable to add more than 1 picture within a text box.  Would you be able to fix this?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Jamey Kohn

Constant Contact user since 2008

50 Comments
DaveU93872
Rookie
I wish that the way we insert an image into a text section on a campaign had not changed. It was much easier to use when we could place the image where we wanted in the text. I don't always want my image at the ver beginning or end or my text and i don't want it completely separate from the text.
Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

HI @DaveU93872

Thanks for posting! The 3rd generation editor is designed to have each element of content in it's own block so in this case you would want to break your paragraph of text so that the image is where you wanted it to fall. Does this make sense?

2017-11-07_1349.png

KatieA48
Campaign Collaborator

No - it's terrible. We know how to manipulate text and photos. Having to create another block every time we want to use an image is ridiculously time-consuming. It distorts the flow that we were able to create in the previous editor. How do we get back to the second generation editor?

LA_Clevenger
Marketing Legend

The new editor should allow the user to wrap text around a photo anywhere in a copy block.  That's a fairly common and very useful layout feature.  Don't know why you don't offer it.

PlugFest
Brand Visionary
In the new editor, you cannot insert images inline with selected text or adjust your image placement - it only defaults to top of text box and only gives you the ability to align (left, center, right) - not in different areas of the text box which is very frustating.
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @PlugFest,

Thank you for your reply. You are correct that the image block can only be inserted within the top of text block. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused in not having this ability. If you wanted to have the image inserted with the appearance of being between the text block, you will need to copy and paste the text into a new text block and insert an image block above it. This way, it will give the impression that the image is between the text and you can align to the left,center, or right. Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. I hope this workaround helps. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Capture 1.pngCapture 2.png

KimP867
Rookie

I agree with @plugfest.  This was a function in the previous version that made it easy to create a nice flow.

LisaK0207
Rookie

Another agreement with @plugfest here. 

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I agree that you should be able to put it anywhere in the text block, or at least aligned with the start of any paragraph. However there is a better workaround than the one suggested by @Lucas_D.

What I have been doing is to make a new text block and cut and paste the part of the text where you want the image to appear into the new block. That way you can insert the image at the top of the text block and have the text run around it there.

Inserting the image in a separate image block doesn't really help anything that I can see. Maybe I'm missing something though.

VMC_Email-Manager
Brand Influencer

Unbelievably awkward image placing capability of Third Gen editor.   Unlike ANY other editing editing tool I've ever used (including Constant Contact's prior generation editing tool!!!!).  What's the reason for this lack of ability to insert an image ANYWHERE within a text block?  There must be some reason for this. Staggeringly bad design.  Plus, we can't revert to the prior gen editor. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More