Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More text wrapping options for images

I don't like that in the new templates, we are unable to add more than 1 picture within a text box.  Would you be able to fix this?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Jamey Kohn

Constant Contact user since 2008

50 Comments
USPain
Rookie

This is incredibly annoying and frustrating. Wish I hadn't bothered trying to switch to third generation.

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @JillBurns,

Thanks for reaching out with this idea!  I'm interested in learning more about your request. How are you looking to add multiple images into the same block? Were you trying to have images side by side or perhaps wrapping around each paragraph?. Is there a reason that you wouldn't want to split up your content into separate text blocks? 

JillBurns
Campaign Expert

Thank you for your reply.  As a matter of convenience, I'd rather not have to break an essay or letter up into different text boxes when I want to include a few pictures at various points in the text.  In the old system, it was easier to manage.  I hope the programmers re-institute this functionality.  

Candace_M
Employee

@JillBurns,

Thank you for answering my questions about this! I want to open this idea up to voting so other users can vote and share why they would want this feature as well. Feel free to come back to the community at any time to share more about this idea or to vote on other ideas as well!

Vinculum
Rookie

Please tell your whizzes there that the change on pic placement is horrible.  it limits the size of the pic: if I have little text and a large pic, it forces a lot of white space on the right. there is no text wrap function. Why would CC do something so stupid when text wrap and placement on right, left, and center worked so well in the past? To give me MORE flexibility with the block! Ha, it obviously only gives me less.  This Made my day terrible. I have a mag to edit after this. I did all the work on both. It is impossible now with a lot of pics and little text. it looks amateurish and I can do better now on Word, for heavens sakes.  Should I leave CC now after all these years?  I hate this and it makes my work look and feel less professional then in the past.

Vinculum
Rookie

Please tell your whizzes there that the change on pic placement is horrible.  it limits the size of the pic: if I have little text and a large pic, it forces a lot of white space on the right. there is no text wrap function. Why would CC do something so stupid when text wrap and placement on right, left, and center worked so well in the past? To give me MORE flexibility with the block!? Ha, it obviously only gives me less.  This made my day terrible. I have a mag to edit after this. I did all the work on both. It is impossible now with a lot of pics and little text. it looks amateurish and I can do better now on Word, for heavens sakes.  Should I leave CC now after all these years?  I hate this and it makes my work look and feel less professional then in the past.

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @Vinculum!

Thank you for taking time to supply us with all that feedback! I'm very sorry that you are having a difficult time managing your layout and if you are able to share more that would be helpful. I will say that we do in fact have the ability to wrap images in our editor! Click here to learn more.  Was this a feature you were unaware of or does it not suit your need? Would you be able to share a screenshot of what you were trying to accomplish.

LouisS542
Rookie

I'm about to leave Constant Contact because of this. It is a dramatic decrease in functionality. I want to be able to drag and drop an image into a text block and have it end up where it's supposed to be.

JacobCook
Rookie

I would like to see the same thing implemented. I was disappointed to find that I had to break up the text into multiple blocks.

BillieD35
Rookie

alignment - with other images (top, bottom, right, left) and with page (center, top)

resizing text boxes

free movement of images (ex. wanted to put pics side by side (plenty of room) and not possible)

ability to select and group objects/text boxes

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More