More Flexibility on Timing A/B Testing or Cancel A/B Test

0 Votes

I like the ability to A/B test in the 3rd Gen editor, but I wish there was more flexibility on interval times. E.g. I want to run a test now - 3pm - and then send at 9am in the morning, but there is no option to do this, instead I am tied to fixed time lags, none of which work because I either have to send too late in the evening for robust results or too early in the morning for a good open rate. If I had 24 hours there would be no problem, but I don't.  Is it not possible to introduce one hour intervals (e.g. 6 hours, 7 hours, 8 hours etc) so people can test and resend any time they want?

5 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @SarahMW64  thank you for sharing your feedback on our A/B subject line testing. At this time users are unable to change the send date or time for the winner email in the way you have described. This is however a great feature request I am tracking on your behalf. I have also opened this idea up so other users can weigh in as well.

SarahMW64
Constant Contact Partner

Hi Frankie, I appreciate you responding. This feels like it should be a fairly easy hit from a coding perspective so hopefully will be something that can be implemented before too long.

Sadly, I'm only able to use the 3rd Gen editor for a very limited number of our emails but it's great for simple communications such as promotions. I cannot use it for our regular emails as the showstoppers for me are:

a) the limitations on dynamic content which I think at the moment can only be inserted at the end of the URL and I need to be able to put it in the middle of a link, and I'm pretty sure it's also not possible to show the dynamic URL visibly which is an issue for one of our standard mailings.

b) no HTML interface. I do understand that once you give people access to HTML they could create all sorts of issues that prevent things from working as intended (e.g. responsive design) but I wish CC would treat us like grownups and give us access to the HTML interface with suitable warnings. This is critical for one of our weekly emails which I can create in literally 10 minutes in Gen 2 as I can create a data dump with appropriate formatting directly from our website with the push of a button and upload all the info in one go. If I was to manually upload each element it would take 3+ hours a week.

JaysonZ2
Rookie

Could you add a shorter time frame less than 6 hours, re: 1 hour or 2 hours.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hello @JaysonZ2. Thank you for the idea. We'll open this up for feedback 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, we do not have plans to include one-hour intervals when scheduling an A/B subject line test. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread.

We have updated the timing for A/B testing to allow for 6 and 12 hour intervals for sooner sending.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More