Need More Flexibility on Timing A/B Testing

0 Votes

I like the ability to A/B test in the 3rd Gen editor, but I wish there was more flexibility on interval times. E.g. I want to run a test now - 3pm - and then send at 9am in the morning, but there is no option to do this, instead I am tied to fixed time lags, none of which work because I either have to send too late in the evening for robust results or too early in the morning for a good open rate. If I had 24 hours there would be no problem, but I don't.  Is it not possible to introduce one hour intervals (e.g. 6 hours, 7 hours, 8 hours etc) so people can test and resend any time they want?

2 Comments
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @DavinanewfreelistM  thank you for sharing your feedback on our A/B subject line testing. At this time users are unable to change the send date or time for the winner email in the way you have described. This is however a great feature request I am tracking on your behalf. I have also opened this idea up so other users can weigh in as well.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Frankie, I appreciate you responding. This feels like it should be a fairly easy hit from a coding perspective so hopefully will be something that can be implemented before too long.

Sadly, I'm only able to use the 3rd Gen editor for a very limited number of our emails but it's great for simple communications such as promotions. I cannot use it for our regular emails as the showstoppers for me are:

a) the limitations on dynamic content which I think at the moment can only be inserted at the end of the URL and I need to be able to put it in the middle of a link, and I'm pretty sure it's also not possible to show the dynamic URL visibly which is an issue for one of our standard mailings.

b) no HTML interface. I do understand that once you give people access to HTML they could create all sorts of issues that prevent things from working as intended (e.g. responsive design) but I wish CC would treat us like grownups and give us access to the HTML interface with suitable warnings. This is critical for one of our weekly emails which I can create in literally 10 minutes in Gen 2 as I can create a data dump with appropriate formatting directly from our website with the push of a button and upload all the info in one go. If I was to manually upload each element it would take 3+ hours a week.