cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need keyboard shortcuts

Need keyboard shortcuts

There is not an option to bold or italicize text within a Button in the new editor. In Chrome, I can click Ctrl-B to bold as a work-around; however, the changes are not saved when I close and reopen the editor.

19 Comments
Frequent Visitor
"Cut" or Ctrl+X needs to cut the selected text and put it in the clipboard, ie queue it to be pasted (like all other word processing tools on earth). Right now all Ctrl+X does is effectively delete text.
Status changed to: New

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Regular Visitor
You can't use ctrl-b to bold and other commands which would be nice to have shorthands for.

Thanks for posting! 

All Star
Would be great to use the keyboard shortcut for "bold" ...

Thanks for posting this feedback!

All Star
I want to be able to use ctrl-b and ctrl-i using my keyboard ... i can do it in google chrome but not in firefox (the bookmarks pop up instead).
CTCT Employee

Hi @OriettaS -- Unfortunately, Firefox overrides certain common keyboard shortcuts. It doesn't appear that Firefox plans on addressing this issue: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=418169

Status changed to: Voting Open

Visitor

Make it easy to insert a standard superscript symbol like "TM" or "(R)" in an email.  Use Word as your model. I have to call support each time or try to remember the HTML code. At the very least, provide the instructions in FAQs, I couldn't find anything.