Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
LisaTaylor
Rookie
There should always be the option to toggle in HTML & CSS. I am not a fan of being or feeling limited to presets.
KatieF25
Campaign Contributor
I really like the idea behind the new mobile responsive templates BUT it would be WONDERFUL to be able to edit them more. I loved the edit HTML function on the normal site. Also, if we had more options for the Blocks (some templates have two columns, others not). In addition, the social networking bar on the responsive template looks horrible in Outlook (there are blue lines between icons). Thanks.
I love the new mobile friendly templates and editor (currently in beta). Works really great! HOWEVER -- it seems like the new templates use a client's default line-height, wich turns out to be not good enough. I really need a way to edit the line-height for copy in these new templates and the new editor, just as I can edit the font-size, color, and font-family.
RachelG76
Rookie
I know this is in beta testing, and I think it has a lot of potential, but is also getting in my way of making the best and most professional email possible. One. It is a shame that you can't center two (or more) separate images on a single line. The obvious workaround is to make both images a single image, but that does not help since most people, like myself, will want to link each individual image. Two. I bet problem 1 would be at least fixable if I could take a look at the HTML and clean it up on the back-end. I find with a lot of these email editors that they tend to add in extra HTML or CSS tags when not needed, and then produce the problem of text (or other elements) changing color or size when moving to preview mode. This makes making an email with Constant Contact a nightmare that keeps me up into the wee hours of the morning. Three. I just discovered a few minutes ago that the colors within the email are only customize-able up to a point, which is really unfortunate. For instance I'd like to keep the grey inset background for all but the logos and fine print at the bottom of the email, which I'd like to be white. Can't make that happen, and that stinks. :frown: Love the simplicity of this beta editor, but would really appreciate at least bringing back the HTML.
CC_PaulW
Employee
Status changed to: New

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We're currently considering different options for code view and your input is appreciated.

MichaelM127
Brand Influencer
We need CSS control over colors or a wider separation of block and feature colors. For example if I don't want my Buttons & Dividers the same color we should be able to choose different colors for each instance. Same goes for the Coupon block in order to highlight this section and capture a readers eye it would be nice to separate it from the Buttons & Dividers color block.
DAEEurope
Campaign Collaborator
I like the basicness of it all, however I can't see the 'html' option to edit any background stuff
HelpOneChild
Rookie
Hi, It would be very helpful if we were given the option to edit our template via HTML. Can you tell me how I would access that?
WCRC2020
Rookie
It doesn't seem like the html of a block can be viewed and altered in the new editor. Definitely need to be able to edit the html of a block to fine-tune the appearance (spacing, etc.).
ReedF
Brand Influencer
It would be great if we could edit the code. Thanks.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More