Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

244 Comments
ManufactureNevada
Campaign Contributor

Can't agree more - really miss the code!

And I'm looking for a new provider too - hoping to find one that also is quicker to navigate when managing lists, etc.

ComForCare2520
Constant Contact Partner

Extremely disappointed that you took away the HTML editor. Please bring it back. We used the feature often.

TomH170
Rookie
you cannot edit html when tethering from a mobile phone.
ArlingtonOCS
Campaign Expert

We also are struggling without the ability to edit HTML and CSS.  We relied on this heavily for formatting.  We also had code snippets, most notably to control spacing/padding/margins and to have fully-clickable buttons (yours require clicking on the text within the button).  Please bring this feature back!

Hi. I thought I'd try the new editing function and, while I like the new drag and drop feature, I'm hoping you'll be adding some things back. I didn't see the HTML feature. This is an essential piece of formatting on your platform. Sometimes there's an extra space, a color is off, the alignment isn't right or the font is messed up, and it's just easier to go behind the scenes and fix it then mess around with the formatting buttons. Also, there's little control on where an image can go. I dragged and dropped and image and it went to the top of my letter, but I wanted it below the salutation. I couldn't do that. When I tried to add another image it created a column when I really just wanted the image to go below a few paragraphs. If I had access to the HTML I could adjust the image. I think it's great you're trying to make it as easy as possible to create communications in Constant Contact, but please don't take away the functionality that allowed for the flexibility you had before.
UMaineExtension
Marketing Expert

Also, the anchor or internal linking is MIA.

We have a table of contents at the top and insert links there to each content item.  But, NO?!

AAlstad
Campaign Collaborator

Why is it taking so long to fix this issue?!?

Many users, including myself, have been asking for the ability to see and modify the code for quite some time now and yet nothing has been done about it. So disappointing and so frustrating that all of the comments are followed with a "thanks for the input, we will pass it along, blah, blah, blah" and still no action!

GRRRRR!

I'm trying to use the new editor and templates, but it is so limited as others have pointed out. I keep using my legacy templates instead, but I wish I didn't have to. I have no issue using the <custom code> editor, but then my clients can't duplicate and edit the emails because they don't know HTML. I could try to get "close enough" with the new templates, but then I'd get yelled at by our creative director that they look dumpy. I can't stress how important it is to have control over the HTML. I hope this gets resolved before I am compelled to recommend that our clients move on to another provider.

hotel_user
Rookie
Tried your template. Hate it. There is no html view. I need to add an image map. Not intuitive.
JimS151
Rookie

Tried my first 3G template today and an seriously underwhelmed. As stated in many of the previous posts, not having an HTML nor CSS editor is a major drawback. Not sure what I am going to do going forward. Will try to complete my current email and see if results are better, or not.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More