Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
BarbaraP388
Campaign Collaborator

Begging doesn't work. I started begging over two years ago when they did it. Their constant answer is why do you need it. I've just told my clients to use other platforms. Sad to say because CC is a really good one outside of this issue. 

LaToyaS4
Campaign Contributor

@BarbaraP388, lol. Is "because your automatic mobile styling looks really bad and I could fix it if I had HTML access" a good enough reason?!

BarbaraP388
Campaign Collaborator

It certainly should be but apparently no. There's the constant pushback of please be specific. I gave up. It wasn't worth it. But you are 100% right that the automatic styling leaves a lot to be desired and the access to HTML did allow me to fix those. :frown: Best of luck. I don't even know why I'm still signed up for notifications except I hope one day they listen and I can clients back on to the platform. 

DonnaP2
Rookie

People have literally been asking code access for five years. Or at least the ability to add an additional style sheet to override styles. here we come.

user38346
Rookie

It would be extremely helpful to have custom html block in Template builder left-side tool bar menu on a line with text block or image block. That means that I can still use drag&drop approach for building template but have possibility to insert very specific part.

DavidG080
Campaign Collaborator
I have called several times regarding great options you used to have and now not available in latest editor. It is too limiting for a higher level or customization our contacts expect. Here are some issues we came across: Can’t see or edit html, css Can’t see image sizes. An issue if you want to match several. Buttons, Dividers, Background - same color, need to be able to customize Can’t see text-only version Can’t add a border to a row - may have to use more custom images, but not seeing how can add an image background with text overlay Buttons - entire button not linkable, just text. Dynamic variables are not allowed on links Much of the above would be accomplished if we could see the html of each block as we used too. Please add it back, thanks.
KrisR1
Campaign Expert
Your new interface does not allow access to HTML AT ALL. We use a banner tracking server that generates an invocation code that must be placed via the HTML editor as there is not other way to add it to any CC template. As long as HTML access is restricted, we will not be moving out of the legacy templates any time soon. If you disable legacy templates without updating this option in the new interface, we will have to find a different service provider.
KeithN340
Rookie

Other services such as  and allow you to view and edit the raw HTML code, even when using a pre-made template in a visual editing "canvas mode" -- they have a tab to switch to (editable) HTML view -- much like a product like Adobe Dreamweaver.

It would be great if you could add this capability.

ChiltonF
Rookie

The drag and drop editor does have benefits, but it also lacks the control we need to display the emails accurately. While I understand not allowing 100% complete HTML access, what if...

- you create more controls to allow fine tuning: ability to align multiple items within a column together, ability to adjust corners of buttons, ability to create as many columns rows with better ability to adjust spacing,

- you allow a custom CSS area. No HTML, 

- you allowed emails built with the drag and drop method to easily be 'copied' into a customizable area, where HTML is completely editable. By taking it outside the editor, the admin signs off that visuals may not work as expected. 

KarenD67818
Marketing Legend

ChiltonF,

These are some great suggestions! The drag-and-drop editor has some definite advantages, however we, too, have issues with:

* the corners of buttons (WYSIWYG is NOT what you get...rounded in the editor and preview, squared in the actual emails??)

* needing additional columns: we send out pricing emails with product number, description, MSRP, discount, and notes columns, so I'm constantly creating those emails in the old editor

* the ability to align multiple items would be great!

I don't need/want to edit lots of HTML code, but having the ability in the past was helpful to fine-tune sections of the email.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More