Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

244 Comments
Clique_Marketing
Constant Contact Partner

Removed from the "IMPROVED" version.

JeremyS3262
Rookie

I've used Constant Contact for years, and have been totally dependent on the Edit HTML feature.  I was surprised and horrified to find it suddenly gone on my new purchase.  This is not what I thought I was buying.  If it is really no longer possible for me to edit HTML, I will dispute my MasterCard purchase with my bank on grounds of nondelivery of goods.  An e-mail service without the ability to edit HTML is useless to me, and is not what I thought I was buying, after happily using the Constant Contact product for many years.

constantc778
Rookie

i am in problem ,when i create email template ,div base and send email to outlook ,always reasult in to wide screen and  , i'm using totoal width 700,and screen more then 1200px ,please guide me what i can do ?

SengV2
Rookie

With the new interface the "Code View" option is no longer accessible.

This is a huge problem. Many of us work in HTML or receive HTML files from clients who need their format recreated exactly the same.

Without this option, we can't copy the code easily and send it to someone else for editing.

Please make the code viewable again.

ConstantContact_HTMLcodeview.jpg
reneef84
Rookie
You have removed some of the best features of working with your platform. I can't decide anything about my images - padding, placement , I have no access to the html and the interface is blocking and seems designed to funnel people into having your "experts" manage anything besides block placement. If I can't use the editor as it existed before or my access to the features i mentioned above are no longer available, I will, unfortunately, have to go elsewhere for better services.
JeanY0
Constant Contact Partner

I'm so glad to read this before asking to upgade to the new editor. Having access to the css was one of the main reasons I switched over from . Thanks Reneef84 for the info.

MCHT-Collier
Marketing Legend

2 years and counting on the basic editor getting better, but no signs that it will any time soon.

Not having the ability to make edits to the html is frustrating and fat too limiting. And in the end I get an email that is only modestly mobile-friendly. Time to look for a new marketing email provider.

Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

JohnJ32
Rookie

Please restore the ability to view and modify source code in the new editor. I use customized tables (which I also miss the table building feature) and need the ability to work with source code! The new editor, with all due respect, makes Constant Contact no better than now. It's overly constraining and limiting. 

DoriannG
Rookie
1. Every time I paste into the mail, the formatting gets screwed up. 2. I cannot take out extra spaces without the formatting getting screwed up. Your email writing function has been difficult to use for years...can you not get someone in there that actually uses it and make it more user-friendly? Some suggestions: 1. A "format painter" like in Word that would format text by copying the formatting and applying it. 2. An easy way to edit the text in html (I am sure it is somewhere, but I cannot locate the code quickly). 3. A "show characters" function like in Word that shows you where the tabs and spaces are. Thank you.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More