cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to edit HTML

Need to edit HTML

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

207 Comments
Solution Provider

I'm so glad to read this before asking to upgade to the new editor. Having access to the css was one of the main reasons I switched over from . Thanks Reneef84 for the info.

2 years and counting on the basic editor getting better, but no signs that it will any time soon.

Not having the ability to make edits to the html is frustrating and fat too limiting. And in the end I get an email that is only modestly mobile-friendly. Time to look for a new marketing email provider.

Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star

Please restore the ability to view and modify source code in the new editor. I use customized tables (which I also miss the table building feature) and need the ability to work with source code! The new editor, with all due respect, makes Constant Contact no better than now. It's overly constraining and limiting. 

Frequent Visitor
1. Every time I paste into the mail, the formatting gets screwed up. 2. I cannot take out extra spaces without the formatting getting screwed up. Your email writing function has been difficult to use for years...can you not get someone in there that actually uses it and make it more user-friendly? Some suggestions: 1. A "format painter" like in Word that would format text by copying the formatting and applying it. 2. An easy way to edit the text in html (I am sure it is somewhere, but I cannot locate the code quickly). 3. A "show characters" function like in Word that shows you where the tabs and spaces are. Thank you.
All Star
It is my understanding that the new user interface platform for emails are going to be switching into everyone's account by end of year. With that being said, having the HTML code option is critical as we do a lot of copy and paste of same information into 12-15 other emails with same content.
Administrator
Status changed to: New

Regular Organizer
Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star
I basically am just copying previous messages and rebuilding from there because I dislike the new design module so much. There is zero flexibility, no access to html, very clunky. I suppose this is good for someone with no experience, but it is only annoying to me. Thank you for listening.
All Star

Agreed. You are better off custom coding and/or using an open source responsive email framework like Foundation or Bootstrap.

All Star

This "upgrade" is a major setback for Constant Contact. It makes using the service much more timeconsuming. Whoever approved this should be demoted.

totally agree.  they screwed this up big time.  much more work on my end.  no real new value add - much more work.  

Occasional Visitor

Please restore the abilitiy to view and edit html code.  It's ridiculous that this functionality was removed.  Simple functions like superscript tags are now impossible so footnoting any type of disclosures is impossible.

All Star
I was liking the new templates, but am finding out that they are restricting me in what I can do. For instance, I want to use a military style, but in this instance don't want a background with stars since it clashes with the banner I'm using. Also, I am unable to edit HTML code.
Regular Visitor

Seems ironic that you provide an HTML editor so I can edit the layout of this complaint post - but you strip that functionality from the tool that people pay lots of money to use???

Why?

Solution Provider

How do I use Dynamic Content Variables in a link in the new editor? This functionality seems to be broken.

Regular Visitor
I miss being able to link surveys into my emails, make HTML adjustments and track the success of my campaigns in google analytics. While other companies are adding features, CC is taking them away. As a result, I’m now looking elsewhere for email marketing.
All Star

Is there any way to access and change the underlying HTML and/or CSS of an email? I would like to be able to do things like add tables to an email (something I used to be able to do easily) and I can do that by adding to the HTML, if I had access.

Thanks for your help!

All Star

I would like to see an option for example, an Advanced tab in the Editor to edit HTML.

I understand that Constant Contact is implementing mobile responsive design; however, those of us who understand mobile design requirements shouldn't be restricted from editing the HTML code.

For example:

To replace Constant Contact's social media icon's with one's own icons and links to each icon.  Not doable right now since cannot place three images side by side.