Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

New Email Editor

0 Votes

For the past 3 years, I have been using your product to send my organization's weekly emails. I want to let you know that I absolutely HATE your new editor. I find it awkward and difficult to use, and your documentation is not helpful! It takes me twice as long to compose emails as it used to. We prepaid our subscription, but when it expires, we WILL NOT be renewing it.

5 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @AlisonDM what about our system do you find difficult to use? What steps would you have expected to take instead when creating your email? This is helpful information to track with our Product Team.

AlisonDM
Rookie
Hi Frankie, 

There are quite a few things about your new editor that I find incredibly user unfriendly. When adding new content, it is impossible to get a horizontal line divider without adding extra columns. I have not been able to successfully insert more than one photo. I keep having to set the default font, size and color, as it does not keep my changes. Changing the background color is a real pain. In general, everything I normally do while composing an email is now much more finicky and cumbersome than it used to be and it takes me considerably longer to create emails. Your documentation is useless. I am computer literate and was a computer programmer for many years. Additionally, I  maintain websites for two organizations. One uses WordPress, while the other uses GoDaddy. Both of these so much more user friendly than your new editor. I am looking into other options for our organization’s weekly emails as I do not plan to renew our subscription with you. I am NOT a satisfied customer. 
Frankie_P

Hi @AlisonDM

Thanks for following up with these details! Your drag and drop sensitivity, how are you adding block in? For instance with a mouse a trackpad, a touchscreen? We have added a new "Tap and Tap" feature in our cross platform editor which helps significantly for users with trackpads or touch screens. Does this feature help? What are the steps you're taking to insert a photo? You mentioned not being able to successfully insert more than one photo, what exactly happens when you try? What edits are you making in your campaign before seeing your font change? What are the steps you're taking to change your background color? Are you changing the background color of the entire campaign or a single block?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Information

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. We will leave it open for comments in case you are able to provide us with the requested information.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More