View live updates for custom code editor

While the new preview and text window looks very nice, it makes it really hard to edit the email's code in advanced editor because it pops in the same window. It would make it much easier to edit the email, if the preview window popped up as a separate window so that you could see the preview and the code at the same time.

5 Comments
dennismvp
Brand Visionary

I contacted support today for the exact same thing and they told me to come here to vent because they don't care.

Time to revisit Mailchimp.

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @VictorV3, thanks for sharing this feedback! I understand you used the preview window as a side window while editing your code and wanted to see if it might be better for us to develop a side by side view where you could view live updates to a preview while editing your code. It'd be super similar to the way Dreamweaver has a split view with rendered HTML and raw code. If this is something that'd work better, I have some good news - it's coming soon! We're reworking our custom code editor and as soon as it's available, I'll make sure to update this thread. 

Chris__D
Employee

Hey @VictorV3 thanks so much for sharing this feedback! We have actually been hard at work giving our Custom Editor a complete overhaul and are about ready to begin releasing! It's got a side by side view, much like DreamWeaver where you'll be able to see a live version of your campaign right beside your code. I think this will accomplish exactly what you're wanting and make it a lot more efficient. I'll make sure to post an update once it's available as I think this new update is really going to make things a lot more enjoyable with the custom editor. 

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

With our new custom code editor, you can view live updates to your email using the split preview window. We will now be closing this idea. 

custom-code-email-with-new-error-message-live-preview-toggle-step10.png

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More