cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New look is a disaster

New look is a disaster

I really do not appreciate the new look. The first page after login is unhelpful. I've never quite seen anything so bad! There should be a common toolbar, as before, to quickly access all settings, options etc. Why change something to make it worse?? I now have to click on 'Contacts Growth Tools' to get where I want. At least that's the way I found. Current layout is not evident, intuitive or user friendly.

You would be much better advised to spend your time improving the email editing experience than playing around with the visuals. The editing experience is always lacking, and does not seem to get the attention.

I am not averse to change, but change with the result of degradation of user experience is counter productive.

A paid customer for many years, I join some others here in saying I will start looking at alternatives if there's not some serious improvement.

• Find more ideas tagged with:
75 Comments
All Star

Regarding the "refresh" button disappearing -- assume the info is not current. If you click on the individual campaigns it will have updated numbers (usually different than the reporting home page).

Regular Visitor
Newer is not always better. I think things were labeled more clearly in the previous web site format. I can't even find my event spots. This was a waste of your resources to re-do a perfectly functioning site.

Could not agree MORE! I am so frustrated with the new event management format. 

Gib

Agreed. It has our company aggressively looking into alternatives to Constant Contact. The new format is too much of a hindrance to our operations.

Occasional Visitor
I have used Constant Contact for years and it has recently gotten so much harder to use. I'm trying tonight just to re-load an old email, edit it, and send it out in its new form. This should be so simple and straightforward to do, but it isn't.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

All Star

Also agree.  Our created templates disappeared; renaming campaigns not working; HELP instructions are not correct!

Established Member
1. Lists are not coming in date order when listed as New to Old. We need EXACT date/time order to find things in the SENT file. 2. When you schedule an email, it no longer takes you back to the folder you were working in. Now a page of unidentifiable information appears with emails have nothing to do with me. Scheduling is now taken double the time as usual and I haven't even gotten half of my work done. Don't fix what wasn't broken!!!
Occasional Contributor

My frustration with the "New and Improved" is the time it takes to figure out how to do something that you already knew how to do.

So here's my list of things not available in the new templates, some may be wrong by now but here it is anyway

Ability to edit a Campaign Name once it’s been sent
HTML copy and paste, copying a block from one campaign to another
Anchors
Side Bars
Background colors for text blocks
Table of Contents,
Multiple pictures in a text block
Max width no longer 800 pixels now 600 pixels
Resizing pic to full width within a Text Block
Opens not posted on the "email send information page" 

Even worse is using Help and being directed to answers that are wrong or don't
apply to the editor being used

That's it for now. . .this feels therapudic!

Bob

Visitor
Hello, If you reply, please reply to annalisa@butlerrealestate.com. I want to say that I really don't like the new layout of your site. I have several folders that I access on a regular basis and I hate that you have to navigate to the folders every single time. You used to be able to easily access the folders, and now it is incredibly cumbersome & time consuming. Is there anyway to have our account go back to the old format?
Visitor
Hello, The new look is nice looking but difficult to actually use. Everything is too big, forcing a lot of scrolling. It would be nice to be able to change the page we return to after sending a campaign. Now we have to click to see all campaigns, then collapse folder and then finally click on our saved templates. It's a lot of extra steps, especially on days when a lot of campaigns have to be sent. Overall, working in Constant Contact is now time consuming and awkward. Lots of scrolling, loading and clicking to do something that used to take no time at all. Looks nice though! Hope that's helpful. Thanks, Katie
I'm finding your new format difficult to use. Do not like the search feature, preferred the drop down menu that you used to have. Gave me more options to choose from versus having to think of a good keyword myself. Need more mature Christmas / Holiday choices. Like the blinking light wreaths that you've had in the past. Would use them again but they are not mobile friendly.
Occasional Visitor
Not liking the look and feel of the new layout. Is there a way to display it the old way?
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thank you for the feedback @MilesB2,

We are moving all of our customers over to the new layout, so there is no way for us to move you back to the old system.

What is it you don't like about the new layout?  I'd love to gather your thoughts so I can voice your concerns.

Best,

Patrick

All Star
I am extremely disappointed with the new version and revisions implemented for Constant Contact. Before the changes, it was much easier to design and send e-mails, while now it's so cumbersome and frustrating, not to mention extremely difficult. Somethings are best left untouched; what was the decision behind these changes? "Progress" is not always the best medicine! Two thumbs down on the changes!
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thank you for the feedback @CharmaineC8.

I'd love to understand your feedback a little more.  What areas of the new version of the product are you finding difficulty with?

Best,

Patrick

I found this new format confusing and caused many problems. Took longer and was harder to use.
Occasional Contributor

I used to be able to see at a glance all spam counts for all campaigns in the last month, but now have to drill into each campaign to get each individual count. This makes no sense whatsoever for this most important statistic.

Total active contacts count is visible, but not showing on pages where I often am looking for it, so I have to go find it and then return to where I am working. I need to be careful to not trigger additional charges by accidentally going to the next tier - fine if my contacts are all those of those who are interested in my newsletter, but I am still gradually weeding out those that never open a newsletter.

And today, I decided to look at that nice graph I periodically view of my contacts through time but I could not even find it.

I have a suggestion. I believe you would do very well with actually working with a few people who are users of the email campaigns. Obsessing over clicks and even opens, for instance is not what I care about but actual sales. What time you think is best for opens is another example... early on Monday is very possibly just when they have to wade through all the weekend emails in their inbox to find what is important to start the week.  I doubt they are shopping right then. I choose times when they are likely to have time and inclination to shop.

Having said all this, the emails DO generate sales.

Thanks for considering,

Elizabeth

I HATE the new look. There is no logic. I can't find my way round intuitively. Goal should be to make things easier not harder. I can't waste much more time on this before I go elsewhere. I am so angry at the time I've been wasting trying to use this.

Visitor
Who's bright idea was it to consolidate the different categories of this site? Since when is an EVENT a Campaign? This really makes no sense at all. You launch a whole new event management system, which is great, but then a year later you move it as a sub category of a Campaign????? How does that make any sense at all? Now I can't see the events we are running on first glance, which used to be easy and straight forward. Now I am forced to click the Campaigns tab, then the events tab, then I can finally see what used to be right there upon the login. Your site gets worse and more complicated with each new release!! Amazing! If the site is going to get worse and harder to use, then the price should be cut in half each time you make it worse. Less service, worse service... should mean lower price. But in the end, I'd rather have the easy to use, easy to navigate site. Why do you all keep making the site worse with each update? You need to learn a lesson from Steve Jobs at Apple... "always make it as easy to use as possible, the most logical, intuitive layout and function, and the least amount of clicks." You all have been doing exactly the opposite!