Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Option to turn on/off automated creation of image when uploading PDF file

Hi Constant,

I regularly upload about 10 pdfs to use in my emails due to having multiple versions of our newsletter.  You have recently added a function that creates an automatic, one page jpg preview of the pdf.  In the past, I could simply drop all 10 files and they would upload.  With your new function, I cannot as the page regularly gets stuck and loops.  All I see is a Waiting for Cache message on the bottom status.  While this is a novel idea, I really dislike it because I do not use your auto-created image anyway.  Please roll this code back OR ad the option to make it optional so I can turn it off.  I cannot drop two pdfs due to it freezing.  While I am sure this was well intentioned, the process is not working for my account and I would like to remove it.

Sincerely,

Eric

8 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @EricW06, I appreciate your feedback and apologize that this is occurring. It's definitely not an intended response when uploading PDF documents and we're currently working on resolving this bug. We are looking to gather more information on affected PDF's , specifically how they are being created. If you know how those PDF documents are being made, would you be able to let me know that process? Some users have created them from web pages, Microsoft Word documents, etc. 

Thanks so much!

EricW06
Rookie

Hi Chris,

Thanks for writing back.  The PDFs I am loading are created by merging several jpg's into a single pdf file.

Sincerely,

Eric

JohnP0122
Rookie

I would also like to see the auto create function optional on a global basis.  I don't use it, and don't like having to wait for the image to be created only to delete it.  PDF's with a lot of graphics in them get hung up, and I can't get them to load without going to different browser.  I normally use Firefox.

Chris__D
Employee

Thanks for the information, @EricW06! I'm going to open this idea for voting. 

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

Same here.  I can no longer upload multiple PDFs as I used to do because it wants to create an image out of every one.  I do not need images; if I did, then I would use the option that was there in the previous editor to create ones only for specific files. Please rollback this change

MarieP36
Rookie
When I upload PDFs, I often need to upload 20 or more at a time. With the MANDATORY creation of the thumbnails it takes a very long time to get the job done. Sometimes , like just now, it hung and took so long I had to leave CC and come back. I detest these mandatory thumbnails and would like it to be an OPTION. I not only have to wait for them to be created, I then have to take the time to delete each one before saving my PDFs. Please give us the option of creating the thumbnails
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

While we don't have news to share at this time, we're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More