cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Please make title input mandatory for emails instead of naming each campaign automatically

Please make title input mandatory for emails instead of naming each campaign automatically

Hi, I work in a company in which multiple people are creating emails and I really wish that there was a prompt to enter a title. These employees don't label campaigns and I can't see who created it to fix the problem (cause we all use the same account) and every email campagin just says "campaign date." If users were prompted to input a title this would help greatly.

• Find more ideas tagged with:
14 Comments
Visitor
The very first thing after choosing to create a new campaign should be a window to ask to NAME the new campaign - before even choosing a template. This seems an extraordinary oversight. It simply instead names it for you using the date it was created and it's powerfully unintuitive to figure how to actually change the name. Simple yes, but unintuitive.

I have some ideas I would like to share. When you reuse a campaign it just renames it to Copy of XXXXXX. It is not intuitive that you need to rename immediately. How about having that area either highlighted or blinking. Also how about having an edit listed in the Actions and then ask the user to save as new? Use the same highlighted or blinking area as showing focus that it needs to be renamed.

Visitor

I think Steven has a great idea there.

Visitor

Yes, great idea!  Who wants the name to be Copy of...?  A few other suggestions too:

1. Don't make a default name of Campaign Created now.  Again, not intuitive that you need to change this.  When creating new, the first question should be template, as it is now, but then it should ask you to name it.  
  2. Also, why can't we resend a campaign to the same people again, without copying it?  I send out notices of monthly classes each week. Now, I have to copy and create a new campaign just to send the same thing to the same people.  This is stupid, and creates tons of campaigns that I have to keep deleting out. Under resend, I should have the current option to send to just new people on the same lists, to new lists, or to the SAME LIST again.
Visitor

Ugh.  I just got bitten by the old behavior of "Copy of XYZZY campaign".  I even changed the name of the Campaign before sending it out, but not AS THE FIRST THING I DID, PERIOD.  It is maddening that the UI would trap me into creating such a stupidly named campaign, or, worse, that it would let me think I corrected my error while leaving all kinds of wrongly encoded magic within the CC links so that every click reminds both me and my clients of this sloppiness.

When the name of a campaign changes, it should thoroughly and deeply rewrite all the links that had inherited the earlier name.  I guess I'm glad that the community voted to fix this bug, but I'm not happy that the fix is so weak that it easily allows the bad behavior it was supposed to prevent.

Frequent Visitor
Please restore the functionality of being able to rename the campaigns as before ... now I have multiple campaigns titled "Campaign Created" when I look at the list

That's an excellent suggestion!

Thanks for voting on this! We're about to release a feature that allows you to rename existing emails in the older (2nd Generation) editor like you can in the newest (3rd generation) editor. Do you think this will help? 

Although it won't address you not remembering or noticing the email name field but it should help after the fact so you aren't stuck with "copy of copy of copy of"! Please let me know if this helps or not. This idea will absolutely stay open for voting! 

Status changed to: Voting Open

test mail

Occasional Contributor

I actually dislike that in the 3rd Generation builder, if you copy a campaign it the name comes up totally blank. I wish something was there!

Occasional Contributor

Good idea, especially because the system no longer allows you to rename a campaign after it's been sent. (That was a great feature which was lost in the new version.) We have a new person who doesn't remember to change the names before sending them out, so now we have "Copy of..." and "Copy of Copy of..." emails in our list, which are harder to search for. Less efficient.

Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed

When you create a new 3g Email it will automatically be named but when you copy an older campaign to reuse (which the majority of users do regularly) you will be forced to rename the campaign. You can also rename once the campaign is sent. This idea is being marked as fixed but if you still have feedback on this process please create a new idea so others can vote!

Regular Visitor

Hannah, the proposed change is better but still doesn't fix the primary issue, which is that we are all asking for the program to prompt naming the template vs creating a name for the template. I'm glad that the old emails can be changed now, but it is not a good use of my time to go through and change all these emails. It's great in a pinch, but I'd rather have the name prompt

AlainaS0 wrote:

Hi, I work in a company in which multiple people are creating emails and I really wish that there was a prompt to enter a title. These employees don't label campaigns and I can't see who created it to fix the problem (cause we all use the same account) and every email campagin just says "campaign date." If users were prompted to input a title this would help greatly.

first. 

Loading script asynchronously