cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please support foreign characters

Please support foreign characters

Please work to support foreign characters. Chinese audience is a sizeable chunk of business and for such a large email management tool it is strange that you cannot support it. thanks.

68 Comments
Visitor

Hi,

It is a good idea to implement Arabic Language to Constant Contact, we we have different Egyptian merchants dealing with different local providers due to lack of Arabic Language in Constant Contact.

On the other hand, most of our customers are located in Egypt & Middle East that main language is Arabic and this will increase newsletter visibility and decrease bounces.

Thanks

Visitor

i would say YES  for Arabic Language support. Arabic is the first language for more than 400 million people which is a huge market you should think of.

Visitor

Thanks Tom,

I'll be waiting for your email. Thanks for your support

All Star

Please allow "special" characters to be coded in HTML in emails (i.e. em-dashes or smart apostrophes). I've tried entering them with various code formats, such as — and when the email is saved, they revert to single dashes or plain quotes.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Visitor

Please support Arabic. In the previous message, Tom you say you may have a way of customizing Arabic language support with HTML codes. Is this something I could also get my hands on???

Regular Visitor
Dear Sir/Madam, is there a possibility of adding special characters for Slavonic languages, namely Croatian, to your features? It is rather difficult and unprofessional to send a newsletter to our clients with some characters missing or replaced with some other character, often changing the meaning or the sound of the word itself. We believe you can see the importance. We thank you in advance for your reply.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this topic. I understand how this is a priority for you and we will keep you updated with any plans to update languages.

We cannot use it because of language .. Fonts are not compatible. Pls start to work for Turkish language. We are franchise of WSI in Turkey Istanbul. Regards Pınar Massena

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this!

Please make a custom field with a larger character count that can be populated into an email. thank you.

Thanks for sharing this feedback,  @ThomasH504 ! Can you tell me more about the content you would like to include in these custom fields? Are they customer identifiers or customer specific information?

I cut/paste my word documents into text edit and from text edit cut/paste that into my newsletter template. I always receive a message that characters are not supported. CC then won't let me save my work until I go back, line by line, to fix this. These characters they say are unsupported are basic letters, periods, etc. I write 700+ word newsletter articles in Word so I can then send to someone to edit. It would be too time-consuming to then re-type my article into CC's template. Please fix this because it makes it very hard to create a newsletter this way. Thank you.

Hi @DianeP1 

I completly understand how this can be frustrating. We don't suggest copy and pasting since not all of the formatting from Word will work with Constant Contact. Can you try pasting without styles?

Occasional Contributor
When creating a report, Spanish characters are not supported and create a string of unrelated English characters. Is this due to CC or could it be a local setting that's missing? I have no problem using these characters in Excel or other software though. Example: Ramón should be Ramón.

Hi @betamac

Are you seeing this in the reporting in your account or within the report export? Is this all reports or a specific one?

Occasional Contributor

This happens when creating custom reports for events. Spanish characters are not displayed properly in the downloadable file.

Hello Constant Contact, When entering copy into the email, we're unable to use the em dash. Instead, it's truncated into a hyphen. The dash is a vital piece of grammar. Please allow its inclusion. Additionally, when entering a caption under a picture, once saved, the text defaults to white. Invisible, in other words, on a white email. This seems counter-intuitive. Please remedy. Thank you. Kevin at Hudson Valley Lighting

Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for posting this feedback!