cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Please support foreign characters

Please support foreign characters

Please work to support foreign characters. Chinese audience is a sizeable chunk of business and for such a large email management tool it is strange that you cannot support it. thanks.

68 Comments
Occasional Visitor

In Canada, many words and phrases come from the French and appropriate accents are expected.. like the word resume (has different meanings for programmers or job hunters if the accent is not there)

Occasional Participant

Now why can't I do that in one of your emails?????

All Star

Hyphens are not en dashes! Please fix.

CTCT Employee

Hello @MelissaS95

Thank you for your feedback! I am tracking this information on your account and submitting it over to our engineering department for review. Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

We run graduate programs in creative writing and publishing. The em dash matters to our newsletter recipients because they are careful readers. A lack of em dashes limits our writing ability (the em dash serves real purposes for writers), and to substitute hyphens would make our readers cringe. Thanks for your time on this matter.

Administrator

Hi @MeghanM28. Em dashes can be added into emails created in our newer editor. I saw that you're using our legacy editor which does not accept these so it might be worth checking it out!

Solution Provider

Hi @Caitlin_M, So how does one add an em dash in the new editor? Are other symbols supported as well?

Administrator

Hi @JudyW6533. It can be copied and pasted in or entered in using coding. This depends on your computer and we don't have an insert feature for this type of special character so it would need to be entered manually on your end. We support many other characters and have subscript and superscript available. Please see our Knowledge Base article for more information regarding inserting special characters