Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Preheader programming needs a correction

0 Votes

Good morning! I love using Constant Contact but notice that if I use an apostrophe in my preheader it adds characters that don't make sense and look unprofessional on my end. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm referring to.

Glitch in the preheader.jpg

6 Comments
Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

@USMB I apologize you are having this issue.  What you are seeing is the HTML hex code for an apostrophe, obviously this is not intended. Can I ask if you copy and paste the preheader text from a different source or are you typing it in directly?  Also which email clients have you seen it display like this?  Any additional information you can give me will be helpful.

USMB
Campaign Contributor

I typed it in the original email, but since this is a monthly newsletter I usually copy the previous email and the pre-header doesn't change. I use Outlook which is where I see the hex code. Gmail doesn't show the pre-header. It has always done this in my preview emails, but it usually corrects itself when the real email is sent. This is the first time I've seen it on the original email. Thanks.

@USMB
Chris_L
Employee

@USMB Thank you for the additional information.  I will bring this issues up with the product team.  I appreciate you responding back. 

USMB
Campaign Contributor

I appreciate the Constant Contact team and I'm glad to help when possible.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed

This issue was fixed with the introduction of our CPE editor. Coding will not appear when viewing special characters in the preheader.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More