Print or download draft emails as PDFs

Not being able to print/download a draft from the Preview page is quite annoying. This feature needs to come back - or it needs to be put in another intuitive place. Printing already sent communications from the "all communications" list is fine, but not being able to download a PDF of a draft is VERY problematic.

9 Comments
HISBDC-Oahu
Constant Contact Partner

100% agree - CC needs to restore this immediately. 

tdelmastro
Campaign Contributor

We need to save draft emails as pdfs and print draft emails. CC needs to restore this functionality immediately!! 

DiedtraH86
Rookie

As a workaround, I schedule an email to myself, download the PDF and print that. Not as elegant as before but at least I can proof a hard copy and check links before scheduling to a broader group.

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @DustinB32, I really appreciate you reaching out regarding this. We're actively looking into ways that we can bring this feature into the new preview tools. I know it's important to be able to do this and I'll update this thread as we make progress. Thanks so much for your patience and please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. 

JamesC203
Rookie

Please, please, please....bring back print/preview!  I used it to modify our church newsletter so that I could print it directly and make several hard copies for pick up on site.  Without it, I am left with cutting and pasting, and the third generation pictures look like crap.  I'm so sad about the quality of work presented to the church visitors and members of our congregation!  Please bring it back!!  ...Thank you for listening.  :frown:

RobertO55
Marketing Legend

Bring back the print function when in preview mode! This is F#@... ridiculous! Why did you take it away? What used to take 5 seconds now takes hours!!! 

JayK269
Rookie

Currently, CC only generates a PDF after the campaign has been sent. I have been asked countless times by recipients if they can have a printable PDF version of an email. It would be nice to have the option to include a PDF of the email prior to sending.

FLETC-SLTD
Rookie
This ticket was generated May 13 when I called in for assistance because image links in a campaign pdf failed. After much discussion, I was given the perma link work around. This solution is not effective for us because: 1) the resulting pdf does not visually replicate the campaign accurately; 2) the links still don't work and; 3) contains website address info at the top. So the perma link work around does not work. It is now three weeks later with no email update or time frame for a solution. The ability to easily generate a pdf that replicates the Constant Contact campaign is absolutely critical. In addition, I have reported several times the loss of the ability to easily generate a campaign pdf WITHOUT having to send an email is very time consuming. This was done easily in 2nd Generation, but that feature was lost in 3rd Generation. I request to have the ability to easily generate a pdf without having to send an email be reinstated. The resolution of this pdf link failure is of the upmost concern. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Deborah Graves deborah.graves@fletc.dhs.gov
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

We do not have plans to include any kind of print or download option for draft campaigns. If viewing in Chrome, you can right-click the email, select Print, and choose to Save as PDF or select a printer. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More