cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Preview Test Email

Preview Test Email

We have asked many times, and our CC reps have consistently agreed, that the following feature would be very useful and desirable: Allow a user to save a list of test email addresses for preview emails. It is a real pain to type in our test email addresses for each and every test email. PLEASE consider adding this simple but important feature. Thanks!
11 Comments
Regular Organizer

Thank you for sharing! This is great feedback. 

Regular Organizer
Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star

We have been a CC customer for several years and am just wondering when the templates might be updated to offer some new styles. There really isn't much to choose from and it would be GREAT to have some more choices.

All Star
Under the new version, I don't like that I have to individually type in the different email addresses. A test email for me is sent to 10 people in our organization; buyers, sales team, owners, marketing and inside sales. The old version, I could cut and paste their email addresses and drop them into the test email area and send to everyone in our organization. Why can't I pre-load my test email addresses into a test email directory?

I find myself frequently typing in the same email addresses when sending out test emaisl to colleagues. Just as the contact list autopopulates based on the first few characters, this would save users a lot of time especially if they send out several drafts of test emails to the same email addresses. Added up over many emails, this could save LOTS of time.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

All Star

Same here. On any given day we're testing the same campaign in several iterations to the same people and it's exhausting to key them in individually. Please add functionality to create preset lists.

Occasional Participant
I have a suggestion. We do sales person emails and have a batch of 23 with the same content, but different sales people. It would be nice if you could choose all of those emails with the existing checkbox, and then only have to enter a preview email one time for all, then send. As it is now I have to go one by one.
Occasional Participant

Something like this...

testemailall.jpgtestemailall-popup.jpg

I send test emails to my clients for their review before launching, currently i have to keep retyping the same names over and over in order to send the test email. It would be great, if I could select from a drop down list or it auto populates as i type. This would prevent typos on my part ... which has occurred and we could not figure out why the test email did not make it to my client.
Occasional Organizer

I would like to be able to see past messages and contacts for test emails. This way I can make sure a test sent, review or copy and paste the message, and resend to the same contacts. Some sort of automation or routine is needed as many of us are required to send test emails before every campaign. 

Before today, the preview/test for custom code popup window had email address suggestions of previous test recipients (including groups of emails) based your typing. Today an overlay panel now keeps client addresses from the last test email...as if you want to send all your email tests to the same names! Now I have to delete previous clients' names when sending the next client's test. What benefit is that? They don't reset. Such a poor idea. I really want the dropdown with email suggestions based your typing back like it had been. What a downgrade.