Read More block options

Could we get the ability to customize more of the "Read More" block?

Namely, the ability to customize the text which appears at the bottom of the block. We are newly implementing the Read More feature in our daily newsletter and we're finding that the way the links are formatted is confusing to our readers.

For one, we promote our company's website using a shortened URL (for example: 123.com) which redirects users to the full-length URL (for example: 123456789.com), so when the Read More block is populated using a link from our site, it shows the full-length URL rather than the one we prefer to publicize.

Additionally, using the "design" option on the block allows us to bold the text, but it bolds both the words "Read more" and the URL. We would like the "Read more" text to stand out since that's what will drive people to the correct webpage on our site.

Overall, we really like this Read More block as it simplifies our newsletter creation process. However, the ability to customize the block further would really help our readers get more from our newsletter.

14 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @CleveJN, thanks for sharing your idea! We've had a couple of other customers ask for more customization options and your input on this is definitely helpful! I've opened this idea up for voting so we can get further feedback from other users as well as allow them to "Kudo" this idea if they agree with it. If anyone wants to see a specific option in the Read More block, feel free to share it here!

AdamM5904
Rookie

This is a must for us... and the only reason why I haven't moved my 50K subs to Constant Contact.

As we would be designing a newsletter based on articles from our own site, therefore we do not need to show the domain/url of the post at the bottom of each entry.  Being able to customize and/or turn this off would be most welcome.

KrisK9214
Rookie

Any updates on adding additional layout and formatting options to the Read More Block?

OwnerAIER
Campaign Contributor

We are also very interested in getting additional layout and linking options in the Read More block (Like linking the headline, adding or removing additional padding/margins, and more...

BrianR3095
Rookie

Please add this function. 

BethF81
Campaign Contributor

We are very interested in being able to customize the read more block too. It would be great to choose how many characters or words from the post are included.

BecciM
Rookie

I would like the ability to lengthen the amount of text in the read more block.

JurianH
Rookie

I would also like more options here. My 'Read More' this month is a poem, and your hyperlink picks it up as a line of content, which defeats the purpose.

ecoronado
Rookie
Please link the title when the import happens. Right now, only the featured image and "read more" is linked. Ideally, the title of the story would be linked too. Thanks.
AllisonJ92
Rookie

Also interested in this feature. With all the competition for mail marketing platforms, you would think that you would be constantly improving and adding new features.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More